Call for Papers: Multilatinas in the era of Uncertainties

European Business Review

Guest editor(s): Mohamed Amal, Dinorá E. Floriani, Juan Carlos Sosa Varela

In this special issue, we call for contributions that address the specific topic of Multilatinas. More specifically, we are seeking contributions that aim at discussing, theoretically and empirically, the dynamics and strategies of Multilatinas considering the changes in the global and regional contexts.

Prospective manuscripts can be empirical (using quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods) or conceptual to contribute to developing new insights into the general phenomenon of Multinationals from emerging economies. However, we emphasize approaches to IB from the perspective of Latin America and the Caribbean. Notwithstanding the primary focus of the special issue, we would welcome exciting works that deal with comparative studies between Multilatinas and other Emerging Multinationals.

We believe that the case of Multilatinas can point to the limitations of the internationalization of emerging Multinationals. A higher level of multinationality may imply enlarging ownership advantages (transactional). This suggests that the main focus is on upgrading the home country operations by exploring new sources of advantage through more innovative capabilities in more advanced economies, and less to sustain a global market positioning.

Therefore, we expect to contribute to the current debate in the IB on Multilatinas by providing theoretical and empirical evidence on how the high dependency on the home market of Multilatinas represents a limitation and opportunities for regional firms to go abroad.

List of topic areas

· What is the effect of the home country on the international development of Multilatinas? Particularly the recent changes in the political and economic contexts in the region.

· What are the limitations and challenges faced by Multilatinas in their internationalization?

· International entry mode and upmarket strategies.

· Multilationality-performance relationship.

· How do Multilatinas cope with risks and uncertainties driven by the changes in the global context and the pandemic?

· Which Business Models of internationalization can rise from this new global and regional context?

· Comparing strategies and performances of Multilatinas to other emerging economies Multinationals.

· Multilatinas' legitimacy/reputation in a sustainable world.

Closing date for manuscripts submission: 15/12/2022

Email for submissions: [log in to unmask]

More information: https://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/calls-for-papers/multilatinas-era-uncertainties