Dear colleagues,

We hope that this message finds you and your families in good health.  We are writing to invite you to submit an abstract for the American Geophysical Union (AGU) 2022 Fall Meeting in session:"ED019 - Indigenous Science to Action: Authentic Contexts for Supporting Indigenous Priorities".  The co-chairs for this session are Ciarra Greene, Ranalda Tsosie, Carrie Joseph, Sarah Aarons, Ángel Garcia, Jr., Kathleen Johnson, and Darryl Reano.

The description of our session is:

"Indigenous Knowledge Systems hold immense power to transform contemporary earth science research into meaningful, authentic understandings of complex relationships within multiple earth systems and have the potential to inform diverse pedagogical frameworks, which foster culturally inclusive geoscience teaching. This session is focused on theoretical and practical applications of Indigenous frameworks, methodologies, and perspectives that sustain and enhance the capacity of Indigenous communities to wield sovereignty, which is guided by Indigenous values. In this context, we welcome submissions that demonstrate the Indigenous paradigm within Tribal communities, groups, or organizations, including (but not limited to) the research principles, protocols, practices of gathering information, products, and dissemination approach to inform science and community."

This year, AGU’s annual meeting will be hybrid with options for presenters to present remotely. Abstract submissions are currently open https://www.agu.org/Fall-Meeting/Pages/Present/Abstracts and the deadline for submission is August 3rd at 11:59PM (Eastern Time).

The AGU Indigenous Action Committee has also helped to support the development of the no-cost registration for Indigenous community members.  The application for the no-cost registration for the 2022 AGU Fall Meeting is found under the heading “Members of the Indigenous Community” at https://www.agu.org/Fall-Meeting/Pages/Attend/Register.

If you have any questions regarding this session or the no-cost registration application, please send an email to [log in to unmask] and we will be happy to provide more information. Thank you!

On behalf of the session chairs,

Darryl Reano

Ciarra Greene

Ranalda Tsosie