Dear AIB Colleagues,

This is the last reminder about two upcoming ask-the-editors sessions tomorrow and next week (see below).

After a wonderful AIB conference related to the theme of equity, diversity and inclusion, I encourage you to submit your research about Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in International Business to our upcoming special issue in the Journal of World Business. The full call for papers and details about two upcoming ask-the-editors sessions are below and attached.

Submission window

Aug 22-Sept 5th, 2022

Editors

Stacey Fitzsimmons. University of Victoria, Canada, [log in to unmask]
Mustafa Ӧzbilgin, Brunel University London, UK  [log in to unmask]
Stella Nkomo, University of Pretoria, South Africa, [log in to unmask]
David C. Thomas, University of Victoria, Canada, [log in to unmask]
Jane Lu, City University of Hong Kong, HK, [log in to unmask]

Ask-the-editors sessions

(optional) Register to attend one of two ask-the-editors sessions on July 19th and 26th. This is an opportunity to ask us questions that may help you finalize your submission. We’re looking forward to talking with you about your projects. Note that we won’t be presenting at these sessions, and we can’t offer on-the-spot assessments about whether your papers fit or not.

1) July 19th 7-8AM Pacific Time (convert to your time zone).
Click here to register for session 1.
Editors attending: Stacey, Stella, Mustafa, Dave

2) July 26th 7-8PM Pacific Time (convert to your time zone).
Click here to register for session 2.
Editors attending: Stacey, Mustafa, Jane, Dave

Paper Development workshop

Authors who are invited to resubmit their manuscripts after the first round of review will be invited to an optional online paper development workshop. We had hoped to offer this workshop at the University of Victoria, but remaining travel and budget restrictions, plus equity considerations, mean it is more appropriate to offer it online.

Also, you can find us at this in-person panel 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM PDT on Tuesday, 9 August during the AOM conference:

Equity, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in International Business (session 1689)

Stacey Fitzsimmons, University of Victoria

Dana Minbaeva, King's College London

Mustafa Ozbilgin, Brunel U.

Ajai Gaur, Rutgers University

International organizations must respond to increasing pressures to support equity, equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) consistently across countries, while also respecting local norms and institutional differences. In addition, the unique characteristics of international organizations may provide opportunities to lead in creating environments around the globe that work for everyone. In this panel we consider how equity/equality, diversity, and inclusion influence international organizations, and how international organizations manage and leverage these phenomena. The panelists will explore and debate this influence from the perspective of antecedents, implementation processes, outcomes, and expanding theory beyond cultural diversity in IB. They will also address both top-down and bottom-up mechanisms between people and organizations. Finally, this set of panelists is drawn from the editors of two recent special issues on EDI in IB: The former was published recently in AIB Insights, and the latter is upcoming, with a submission deadline of September 2022 in JWB. Authors interested in submitting to the JWB special issue are encouraged to come to this panel to discuss their plans with editors.

Looking forward to seeing some of you at one of these sessions, and receiving your papers in September.

Stacey

STACEY FITZSIMMONS, PhD, Associate Professor
Academic Research Officer, WAIB
Gustavson School of Business | University of Victoria
PO Box 1700 STN CSC | Victoria BC, V8W 2Y2
[log in to unmask] | Phone 250-472-4787 | Room BEC 448
uvic.ca/gustavson
We acknowledge and respect the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples on whose traditional territory the university stands and the Songhees, Esquimalt and WSÁNEĆ peoples whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">