Greetings!
We want to encourage you to submit an abstract to the GSA Session T152. Bringing Inquiry into Geoscience Labs for Students, Teaching Assistants, and Faculty. We would love to see contributions that may include lessons learned from your efforts to incorporate a greater amount of inquiry into your labs, including those in the Guided Inquiry Introductory Geology Labs collection and others. The deadline for submissions is July 19, 2022 by 11:59pm Pacific Time.

Session Description: Inquiry-based learning engages students in "doing science" in geoscience labs. Presenters will share their experiences creating and testing inquiry-based labs, data on their efficacy, and strategies for supporting other instructors (e.g., graduate teaching assistants).

To submit an abstract: Go to this link, scroll to Session 152 and select: “submit an abstract to this session.”

GSA Connects 2022 is a fully hybrid meeting for speakers and attendees. GSA will live stream and record for on-demand viewing all topical and discipline sessions (including this session). GSA will also accommodate live online oral presentations for those speakers unable to attend in person.

Whether you submit an abstract or not, we hope to see you at the meeting (in-person or online) this Fall!

Thanks!
Katherine Ryker, Kelsey Bitting & Rachel Teasdale

Additional GSA Information: GSA Connects 2022,  Oct 9-12, Denver, CO

--
Dr. Katherine Ryker
Assistant Professor, Geoscience Education Research

Need to meet with me? Sign up here: http://tinyurl.com/rykerusc

School of the Earth, Ocean and Environment
[log in to unmask],-81.0312525,689m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x88f8bad64de06659:0x96f76a4860521ba4!8m2!3d33.994969!4d-81.029078" target="_blank">701 Sumter Street, EWS 307
Columbia, SC 29208
Telephone: (803) 777-9513