It is our great pleasure to invite scholars to submit their research to the 2023 Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, HICSS. This conference, includes many themes that are of interest to IB scholars. Particularly, the increase of importance of digitalization in connection to IB is a theme at the conference. Below, more information:

https://hicss.hawaii.edu/tracks-56/knowledge-innovation-and-entrepreneurial-systems/#global-digital-business-minitrack

Building on past years’ experience, we seek contributions that focus on the role of digitalization
in entrepreneurial and internationalizing firms.  We focus on efficient and effective knowledge exchange that is pivotal for global business practice and sustained business performance in foreign endeavours. Our mini-track covers aspects related to entrepreneurship, marketing, management, international business, digitalization, knowledge intensive firms like born digitals, and the role of information systems within these contexts. Our methodological and theoretical standpoints contemplate qualitative, quantitative, and mixed method research approaches, where cross-pollination of fields of research is particularly relevant. We thus welcome papers from researchers as well as practitioners, in the hope of attaining better understanding of thematical areas such as the below ones:

·        The role of digital artifacts in new entrepreneurial ventures, international new ventures, born globals, born digitals and other entrepreneurial firms

·        Born digital firms, being digital from inception and featuring a digital infrastructure

·        Business models of born digitals and internationalizing firms

·        The role of cultural differences in managing and designing international customer relationship and other international marketing activities in the digitalized world

·        Digital platforms in the context of international business and born digitals

·        Managing global diversity and sustainability through digitalization
and sharing economy

·        Practitioner papers and field studies in topics above

·        Changes spurring from the Covid-19 pandemic and impacting the global management activities of international entrepreneurial ventures

Submit your paper by 15.06.2022, through this link: https://hicss-submissions.org/

We look forward to meeting you at the inviting and beautifully-located  Hyatt Regency premises in Maui Hawaii from 03-06.01.2023.

For more info, please contact:

Prof. Arto Ojala, [log in to unmask];

Prof Mika Gabrielsson, [log in to unmask];

Dr. Sara Fraccastoro, [log in to unmask]

Endorsed by the International Business and Sales Management Research group at the University of Eastern Finland. https://uefconnect.uef.fi/en/group/international-business-and-sales-management-ibs/