Hello runners, walkers, and riders,

the AIB Running Club has been an established feature of the AIB annual conferences for many years and even persisted during the AIB online conferences.

At the AIB Miami conference, we are back to in-person runs and walks. The AIB Running Club will meet at the entrance of the InterContinental Miami Hotel at 7 AM on Thursday (July 7), Friday (July 8) and Saturday (July 9) for a leisurely run of 10km or less (people can turn back at any time). Runners of all levels and walkers are welcome.

We also want to encourage all online participants to join virtually and run, walk, and ride many miles/km between July 5th and July 10th.

Like last year, record your runs, walks, and rides, by becoming a member of the “AIB Running Club” on Strava or by recording your activity on the AIB Running Club 2022 google doc.

Strava: You can find the Strava link to the AIB Running Club here. Any time you record a run, walk, or ride on Strava, it will automatically be added to our club. You can even add pictures to your activity that can give some colour to your activities and the club.

Google doc: If you do not want to join Strava, you can also record your activity (your name, sport, distance, city and country) on our google doc. You can find the link to the AIB Running Club 2022 google doc here.

Last year, we used the virtual fitness activity to encourage donations for a good cause, i.e., different COVID-19 pandemic relief charities. This year, Lorraine Eden made another excellent charity suggestion, CARE Ukraine. CARE Ukraine launched a humanitarian appeal to support the most vulnerable Ukrainians, particularly women-headed households and the elderly. Thus, consider connecting your activity with a pledge and/or donation, which you can also record on the google doc. Please donate directly to the charity.

We hope to see many of you out running with us, recording your activities, and many pictures on Strava! Please send Kristin an e-mail if you have any questions at [log in to unmask].

Best regards,

Ari and Kristin

Dr. Kristin Brandl, Associate Professor
Gustavson School of Business | University of Victoria
PO Box 1700 STN CSC
 |  Victoria BC V8W 2Y2
[log in to unmask] | T: 250-472-4445 | Room BEC 222
uvic.ca/gustavson
Pronouns: she/her
We acknowledge and respect the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples on whose traditional territory the university stands and the Songhees, Esquimalt and WSÁNEĆ peoples whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.