Dear IB Colleagues,

You're invited to the 2022 X-Culture Research Hackathon,
a "writing retreat" of sorts where a small group of researchers works intensively over several days on developing publishable papers.

It takes about 50 hours of focused work to develop the first draft of a research paper. Usually, the process takes months or even years, as we put in a few hours here, a few hours there, with days or even weeks in-between. At the research hackathon, we pack these 50 hours into a few days of intensive work.

DATES
July 5 - August 9, 2022

HOW IT WORKS

PRIOR HACKATHONS: https://x-culture.org/hackathon/

Papers published based on prior hackathons: https://x-culture.org/for-researchers/publications-etc/

PROGRAM

Pre-event (online/hybrid):

Event (face-to-face/hybrid)

REGISTRATION FEE

Please note, AOM conference hotels cost around $200/$300 per night. The all-inclusive Xackathon registration option provides cheaper lodging for 8 nights at nearby dormitories plus meals. So if you plan to attend AOM, the all-inclusive option, which provides you with the cheaper on-campus lodging and meals,  would be cheaper than staying at the conference hotels.

QUESTIONS
Dr. Wendy Farrell
623-810-5096

More info: https://x-culture.org/hackathon/