The Dunning Africa Centre (DAC) isn’t a place, it’s a continent-wide conversation for leaders. This series allows Africa’s top business minds and global experts to debate and discuss contemporary issues affecting African business. More than this, it allows you to join-in the conversation.

The Dunning Africa Centre, which is affiliated to the John H. Dunning Centre for International Business at the University of Reading in the UK, will energise collaboration between top African scholars, business leaders and other experts. Together, this will drive enquiry into the impact of globalisation on international business from an African perspective. It will also seek to reposition African business as a significant and dynamic global player.

It is time for Africa to reclaim its identity and make authentic, assertive inroads into the global business market. Africans do business like no-one else. We have a unique outlook and hard-won experience in one of the most challenging and complex business environments on the planet.

Our topics have been sourced from African business people across the continent, and cover the pressing questions facing African businesses today:

● How should African businesses establish their identity in international markets?
● What are the challenges and opportunities we face when securing investments overseas?
● How should African businesses engage with large, inward investors?

An essential element of the DAC webinar is that business people from across Africa can offer their unique insights and perspectives. We have designed the platform so that the conversation can expand across industries and provide a unified path forward. Every voice counts.

Join us on 5 May and have the chance to ask our panel of African political, business, academic and research experts the tough questions.   Most African economies remain dependent on exporting low-value added goods, an overall decline in manufacturing activities, little or no movement towards the knowledge economy and Intra-African trade and investment remain low. With a few significant exceptions, there are few African multinational firms that are globally competitive. What must change?   The Dunning Africa Centre isn't a place. It's an ongoing conversation. For our inaugural event on 5 May from 17:30 -19:00, we're talking about what Africa-based businesses can do to approach international markets, and other fundamental ideas to engage with as a continent.

Join our monthly event, which will take place every month on the first Thursday.

Book your seat now: https://bit.ly/3OulXF1

Read more about the Dunning Africa Centre here: https://bit.ly/3xHBs6w

Rajneesh Narula, Director, Dunning Centre

[log in to unmask]" alt="TAC1020_Dunning Africa Centre Logo_Design_03">