<mc type="">
The Gordon Institute of Business Studies (GIBS), the Johannesburg-based Business School of the University of Pretoria, would like to invite applications for the GIBS Visiting Research Fellow programme for the 2022-2023 academic year.

Visiting fellows are expected to spend two weeks in residence, present at least one seminar, and develop one joint research project with a member of GIBS faculty. Applicants must be actively engaged in research with an interest in and relevance to Africa. The GIBS Visiting Research Fellow is expected to work in an academic institution outside of South Africa, must have a strong track record of publications in top-tier journals, and work closely with both senior and junior GIBS faculty members to publish impactful research.

Interested parties should submit:

1. A detailed research proposal that describes the objectives, theory, proposed methods, and potential contribution of the study. The project must be aimed at the publication of at least one journal article.

2. An indication of the GIBS faculty member(s) you propose collaborating with on the project, and why. Information about potential collaborators(s) can be found at: Our Faculty | GIBS. Your submission will be strengthened if you have already contacted your proposed collaborators, and if they have endorsed the application.

3. A detailed CV, listing qualifications, experience, publications, and research achievements.

4. A supporting cover letter evidencing how you believe your existing knowledge and experience equips you to carry out the role.

Visiting GIBS Research Fellows will be offered one economy return ticket between Johannesburg and their home base, and accommodation for a total of 14 nights in Johannesburg.

Note that the funding for the fellowship does not cover longer visits. We can only subsidise the fellow’s expenses associated with travel and board. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to seek supplementary resources from other sponsors. However, the School can assist successful applicants who wish to stay longer to find reasonably priced, safe, and convenient accommodation. Applications (and queries) should be addressed to Prof Marianne Matthee at [log in to unmask] The deadline for application is 30 July 2022. A decision will be made by mid-August.

More ab​out GIBS

GIBS has become a world-class African institution and research centre since its founding in 2000. The School aims to position itself further as one that contributes to research in Africa, for Africa and about Africa.

Underpinning our approach is our commitment to life-long learning, a dedication to high-quality and innovative teaching methods, the pursuit of ethical and sustainable values, and a forward-looking view of business and its role in Africa and the world. The GIBS vision is to inspire exceptional performance in our pursuit to make business healthier.

GIBS is Triple Crown accredited and a United Nations Principles for Responsible Management (PRME) Champion School. More about GIBS can be found at: https://www.gibs.co.za/
Prof. Helena Barnard
Academic Head: Doctoral Programmes
The University of Pretoria’s Gordon Institute of Business Science

Main Tel: +27 11 771 4213
Direct Tel: +27 11 771 4213
Email:
Web: www.gibs.co.za.
Physical Address:

At GIBS we significantly improve responsible individual and organisational performance,
primarily in SouthAfrica and increasingly in our broader African environment, through high quality business and management education. We are the number one business school in Africa according to the UK Financial Times.
Visit our website to learn more about our rankings and accreditation.
<mc type="">

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.