Shelby is an FW alum looking out for her fellow Spartans!!

Alaska has opened job applications to non-Alaskan residents, so if you’re interested in working in Alaska you should check out all the other FW related positions that are open.  Shelby says she’ll be sending me more advertisements, so watch your email.

Jim

From: Flemming, Shelby M (DFG) <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, April 7, 2022 at 5:28 PM
To: Schneider, Jim <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Alaska Department of Fish and Game - Haines
Hello Jim,

We currently have a position posted on Alaska's job site based out of Haines, Alaska that is available to out of state non-residents. It's at the Chilkat Lake Weir gathering sockeye salmon escapement data which we use inseason to manage the commercial fisheries of Southeast Alaska. For those interested, click on the link below to see more details and apply.

https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/alaska/jobs/3411681/fish-and-wildlife-technician-2-pcn-111670?department[0]=Fish%20%26%20Game&sort=PositionTitle%7CAscending&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.governmentjobs.com/careers/alaska/jobs/3411681/fish-and-wildlife-technician-2-pcn-111670?department*0*=Fish*20*26*20Game&sort=PositionTitle*7CAscending&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs__;W10lJSUl!!HXCxUKc!lRxoNuDKAc42wZlLJhmb_1gWvDdO23YkSDRAu8-WpJCtogle5QeQET3lex1pPCVNXg$>

A few more positions will be posted shortly, so I'll follow this email up with more opportunities. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions!

Best,

Shelby Flemming
Assistant Area Management Biologist
Alaska Department of Fish and Game