R&D Management Special issue Call for Papers

R&D Management under Disruption and Uncertainty

Guest editors:

Xiaolan Fu, University of Oxford

Daitian Li, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China

Rajneesh Narula, University of Reading

Max von Zedtwitz, Copenhagen Business School

Beverly Wagner, University of Strathclyde

Background:

R&D management under disruption is important for both leading firms in developed countries and latecomer firms in emerging economies. To embrace the disruption opportunity, firms must make smart R&D decisions under uncertainty. The innovation system approach argues that innovation capabilities of nations, regions or sections are an outcome of a sector actors in the national, regional or sectoral innovation system, i.e. the state, universities and research institutes, and industries, and the interactions between them. Different types of disruption might trigger different R&D activities of various players in innovation systems. In this special issue, we call for an innovation system approach to tackling challenges faced by R&D managers, industry practitioners, and policymakers in the time of disruption.

Scope of the special issue:

We welcome submissions that address the intersection of disruption, uncertainty, and R&D management. We are open to different methodological approaches, such as conceptual, qualitative, and quantitative research.

Schedule:

Online submission window: December 1, 2022 January 31, 2023

Expected publication date: First half of 2024

Marketing and author engagement:

Pre-submission webinars / panels

R&R workshop

Post-publication panel

Please click on the following link for more details

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/pb-assets/assets/14679310/CFP_RD%20Effect%20Of%20Radical%20Uncertainties-1645543028.pdf

Rajneesh Narula, OBE, PhD, FRSA

The John H. Dunning Chair in International Business Regulation

Henley Business School, Reading University

http://www.linkedin.com/in/narula1

http://goo.gl/Jk8QCj

twitter: @narular