The Research Methods Shared Interest Group (RM SIG) is part of the Academy of International Business (AIB), which is a not-for-profit organization that solicits sponsorships from colleges, universities, and corporations to provide financial support for its master ​classes, workshops, clinics and ongoing operations (see https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://rmsig.aib.world/__;!!HXCxUKc!iCrW5f1xLC6kQwblPwmL7qNWXj86nWMGttXEzJqCBNKufabl3KHNDzE9TY81qa4$ ). Our aim is to provide the AIB members with a worldwide forum for scholarly engagement about research methodologies.

Our 2021 Research Methods Master Classes featured Myles Shaver and Joel Waldfogel (Identification in IB Research); and Stav Fainshmidt, Ursula Ott and Thomas Greckhamer (QCA). Our research methods Workshops featured Ursula Ott (QCA); Jesper Wulff (Fractional Regression Models); Fiona Moore and Jasmin Mahadevan (Ethnography); and a panel involving Donald Bergh, Herman Aguinis, Jose Molina Azorin, Bo Nielsen, Alain Verbeke, and Catherine Welch (Charting the Future of Research Methods in IB).

Our 2022 Master Classes will feature Mary Yoko Brannen (ethnography) and David Reeb (field experiments); and the RM Workshops will feature Gwen Lee (Surprises, Mixed Findings, or Questionable Practices); and Tine Koehler, Jaqueline Mees-Buss, Rebecca Piekkari, and Anne Smith (Qualitative Data Analysis). Clinics will include a range of topics (e.g., qualitative methods, SEM, MLM, advanced logistical regressions, meta-analysis, data collection and questionnaire design). For a one-year sponsorship, we have the following benefits at each of four levels.

Platinum ($2,500):

  *   Opportunity for a promotional page (full page) in the RM SIG Newsletter (2 times per year)
  *   Prominently featured logo on all conference related communications and website
  *   Sponsor of a Master Class during the AIB annual conference
  *   Sponsor of a Research Methods Webinar during the year
  *   Logo featured in the RM SIG Newsletter (2 times per year)
  *   8 free registrations for AIB members to attend a total of 8 RM Master classes or RM Workshops
Gold ($1,500):

  *   Opportunity for a promotional half-page in the RM SIG Newsletter (2 times per year)
  *   Prominently featured logo on all conference related communications and website.
  *   Sponsor of a Master Class during the AIB annual conference
  *   Sponsor of a Research Methods Webinar during the year
  *   Logo featured in the RM SIG Newsletter (2 times per year)
  *   4 free registrations for AIB members to attend a total of 4 RM Master classes or RM Workshops
Silver ($500):

  *   Opportunity for a promotional half-page in the RM SIG Newsletter (1 time per year)
  *   Featured logo on all conference related communications and website
  *   Co-Sponsor of a Research Methods Webinar during the year
  *   Logo featured in the RM SIG Newsletter (1 time per year)
  *   2 free registrations for AIB members to attend a total of 2 RM Master classes or RM Workshops
Bronze ($250):

  *   Co-Sponsor of a Research Methods Webinar during the year
  *   Logo featured in the RM SIG Newsletter (1 time per year)
  *   1 free registration for an AIB member to attend a RM Master class or RM Workshop

As the AIB annual conference hosts around 1,000 academics every year, this is an opportunity to create lasting value for the participants and your organization!  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at any time!

Stewart R. Miller (
stewart.miller@utsa.edu)
President and Co-founding member, AIB Research Methods SIG
[cid:1b4b180a-5dc5-4d5f-bf34-e11cb7bd6045]