Birmingham Business School at the University of Birmingham is a world-leading institution and global thought leader in responsible business. Our vision is to inspire curiosity within our students and drive positive change within all fields of business, locally and globally. We hold triple-crown accreditation with EQUIS, AMBA and AACSB. As a result of our recent success and expansion in some of our programmes, we are looking to fill a full-time position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. The post holder will be expected to contribute to the whole range of research, teaching and administration within the business school.

The Department of Strategy and International Business has a vibrant research culture with regular research seminars and is a Centre of Excellence for research in International Business and Global Strategy. Three of our department members hold the prestigious status of AIB Fellows. Our faculty have many publications in world elite and top journals, including Journal of International Business Studies, Strategic Management Journal, Global Strategy Journal, Journal of World Business, Journal of Management, Journal of Organizational Behaviour, Organization Studies, Research Policy, and many others. Applicants for an Assistant Professor should have a clearly defined research agenda and have the potential to publish innovative, rigorous, and relevant contributions in top peer-reviewed journals. Candidates for an Associate Professor should demonstrate considerable excellence in research.

Closing Date: 2 May 2022

For further information about the position and apply online, please click here:

Assistant/Associate Professor in Strategy and International Business (Research and Education, 99368)

Informal enquiries can be made to Dr Linda Hsieh [log in to unmask]

The Birmingham Business School is strongly committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and is particularly seeking applications from underrepresented groups. Applications will be assessed against the stated criteria and on merit.

Dr Linda H.Y. Hsieh

Reader in International Business

Head of Department, Strategy and International Business

Birmingham Business School
University of Birmingham

B15 2TT
United Kingdom