Dear Colleagues!

We would like to inform you that with the end of pandemic measures looming soon, we are planning a specialized conference/developmental workshop entitled “On The Effectiveness of Green Alliances: Sustainability as a Primary Motive for International Strategic Alliances” in person.
To the extent that you are conducting or plan to conduct research in this or related areas, we would be very pleased if you would consider submitting an extended abstract. We would also like to draw your attention to the spatial and temporal proximity to the SMS Special Conference on "Governing Knowledge and Imagination in The Digital Era" in Milan (June 15-18, 2022).
We are planning to hold the conference in person, if at all possible, and as long as the pandemic situation, which is still not clearly foreseeable permits.

IB Research ‚Incubator‘ – 2022

On The Effectiveness of Green Alliances:
Sustainability as a Primary Motive for International Strategic Alliances

June 13-14, 2022

Hosted by: Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Universitätsplatz 1, 39100, Bozen-Bolzano, Italy

Conference Organizers:

Michael Nippa
Free University of Bozen-Bolzano
and
Catarina Moschieri
IE Business School (Madrid)

Program Committee:

Timothy Devinney
Manchester University
Christoph Grimpe
Copenhagen Business School
Birgitte Grøgaard
BI Norwegian Business School
Carlo Salvato
Bocconi University
Stefan Schmid
ESCP Business School, Berlin
Antonella Zucchella
University of Pavia
Dodo zu Knyphausen-Aufseß
Technische Universität Berlin

Timeline:
Abstracts submission deadline: April 15, 2022
Acceptance Notifications: April 30, 2022
Preliminary Program published: May 21, 2022

Outline of possible research perspectives and questions (for details see the Call for Submissions):

Research that addresses but is not necessarily restricted to the following topics/research questions is especially invited:
•	Under which conditions and with which objectives do large firms, establish strategic alliances with SMEs and especially start-ups that focus on sustainable technologies and/or products?
•	Under which conditions and with which objectives do SMEs join forces, either to respond to stricter environmental regulations or to jointly develop and market 'green' unique selling propositions?
•	What types and forms of strategic alliances can be distinguished in the field of sustainability?
•	For what reasons are such alliances established?
•	To what extent and how can large multinational companies, for instance from the consumer goods industry, influence their international suppliers to reduce their environmental footprint?
•	Are there examples of “anti-green alliances”, i.e., international strategic alliances that have been formed to mitigate the pressure to adapt, and to what extent have they been researched and published?
•	What are the success factors of green alliances between governments, universities, and private firms (e.g., Smart Cities initiatives) at the national and international levels and how do they differ from success factors of strategic alliances at large?
•	To what extent can efforts by national and international administrations to establish green alliances be considered a success measured against their promises (e.g., Mission Innovation or Breakthrough Energy Coalition established during COP 21)?
•	How can different alliances be governed effectively and efficiently?

Whom we target?
We invite international scholars, including senior doctoral students and postdoctoral fellows, who are interested in the research focus and theme of this conference to submit their related research work. The nature of this conference is highly interactive and aims to promote interdisciplinary research. Therefore, also researchers from (sub-)disciplines such as organizational behavior, human resource management, entrepreneurship, marketing, innovation management, sociology, psychology, economics as well as accounting are especially invited to contribute their findings, results, and research approaches. We are particularly interested in empirical and conceptual work that advances existing knowledge about (international) strategic alliances in their role in supporting the transition of companies, industries, and economies to "greener", more sustainable businesses. Although submission of 'work-in-progress' and innovative/controversial research questions is encouraged, we need to emphasize that submissions will be evaluated based on their quality regarding the application of theories, appropriate methods, comprehensive analyses, as well as formal requirements to be admitted to the conference.

Please see the full details here: https://ibri.events.unibz.it (soon available) or request a copy of the CfS from the organizers.

Interested scholars may contact Michael Nippa [log in to unmask] or Catarina Moschieri [log in to unmask] for any kind of request and may already attach a draft of their research idea.

We are looking forward to your submission and participation!

Research Cluster “Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Management”
Faculty of Economics and Management
Free University of Bozen – Bolzano
Universitätsplatz 1
I-39100 Bozen-Bolzano