[a picture of a building along with text and logo]

Multiple fully-funded PhD positions at the University of Sydney Business School

The University of Sydney Business School is looking for outstanding PhD candidates in all business research areas to start in August 2022. To be eligible for the position, applicants must have a Bachelor's or Master's degree, excellent academic qualifications, and some research experience.

The University of Sydney Business School

The University of Sydney Business School is a world-class business school at the forefront of global business and management education. The University of Sydney Business School is ranked 15th in the Asia-Pacific region by the Financial Times Top 20 Business Schools in the Americas and Asia-Pacific 2018. We also hold triple crown accreditation from AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS, placing us in the top 1% of business schools worldwide. QS ranked our accounting and finance studies as number 21 in the world and our business and management studies as number 43 in the world in 2021. The Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) ranked our transportation science and technology studies as number 14 in the world in 2021. US News ranked our economics and business studies as number 39 in the world in 2022.

The PhD program

The PhD program is a 4-year research-intensive degree that provides students with world-class research training through comprehensive coursework and personalised supervision. Throughout the degree, students are encouraged to develop their research skills to address the most pressing business problems facing society. Our PhD graduates are frequently placed at the world's leading universities and institutions.

The scholarships

Successful candidates will be offered 3.5-year scholarships, with a possibility to extend to 4 years subject to approval, that cover full tuition fees ($50,000 per year for international student) and provide a generous stipend of $35,000 per year for living costs. In addition to this stipend, scholarship recipients will have an opportunity to receive an additional amount, normally at least $10,000 per year, in return for carrying out specific teaching duties. Details of these teaching duties will be given at the time of the scholarship offer.

How to apply

To be considered for a scholarship, please submit an online application for PhD course candidature (https://sydney.edu.au/courses/courses/pr/doctor-of-philosophy-business.html). Please indicate, where prompted, that you wish to be considered for the Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship. Consideration for the Business School Research Scholarship will be automatic (i.e., no separate application is needed) when you submit your PhD application. Applications must be submitted by 15th March 2022.

Further information
For more information, please contact the Business School's Research Unit ([log in to unmask]).

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.