Dear colleagues,
Please let persons interested in a research oriented position know about this opportunity. Our International Business and Sales Management research group is looking for a researcher with interest to study international digital retailing. See for more details below.
Best regards,
Mika Gabrielsson
Professor
International Business and Sales, Business School
University of Eastern Finland
------
We are looking for a Senior Researcher who is familiar with research in international digital retailing. The position is for the Kuopio campus and will be filled for a fixed term between 1.5.2022 and 30.4.2024. For more information, see below. Please apply by 11.3.2022.
Role and salary
As a Senior Researcher in international digital retailing you will be working in the International Business and Sales Management programme at the UEF Business School at Kuopio campus. The Business School is part of the Faculty of Social Sciences and Business Studies.
The Senior Researcher’s tasks will include
• researching international digital retailing, including, e.g. international digital supply and marketing channels; researching digital B2B sales relationships and processes; researching international digital platform business; and researching international so-called born digital firms.
• teaching international business and sales management, including especially international sales, international cooperation, digital channels; teaching other similar content and/or methods; guiding thesis work.
• participating in the Business School and Faculty’s other activities and becoming part of the research and development work.
The position will be filled for a fixed term from 1.5.2022 to 30.4.2024. The reason for the fixed-term position is the research and teaching work on the above specified research area, funded by donations. A probationary period is applied to all new members of the staff.
The salary of the position is determined in accordance with the salary system for the Finnish universities for teaching and research staff. The salary comprises two components: a job requirement component and a personal performance component. In this position, the job requirement component is based on level 6 on the job requirement chart. An additional personal performance component will also be paid; it can be a minimum of 6% and a maximum of 50% of the salary. Depending on the personal performance component, the salary will be approximately 3,849–4,374 €/month at the beginning of the employment relationship.
Our requirements
 • suitable doctoral degree and good teaching skills,
• documented proof of postdoctoral research, including proof of so-called top-journal level publications, and
• good English language skills.
We offer you
• an interesting position as part of an international, creative, participating and engaging university community,
• access to the university’s staff benefits, including extensive occupational health care, wide selection of staff trainings, staff discount on lunch in our campus restaurants, and Sykettä sports and fitness services.
Please read more in the Work at UEF section on our website<https://www.uef.fi/en/university#paragraph-4467>.
Enjoy your life in Finland! Known for its cleanliness, welfare know-how, modern technology and superb education system, Finland is an exotic and safe country to work in. Please visit the Life in Finland section on our website<https://www.uef.fi/en/life-in-finland> to learn more.
How to apply

Submit your application by using our electronic application form no later than 11.3.2022.
Please note that you must include the following appendices in your application:
• CV (http://www.tenk.fi/en/template-researchers-curriculum-vitae)
• a list of publications (https://www.aka.fi/en/research-funding/apply-for-funding/how-to-apply-for-funding/az-index-of-application-guidelines2/list-of-publications/)
• a portfolio of teaching merits (https://www3.uef.fi/en/web/guest/uef/open-vacansies/instructions)
• a research plan (max. 5 pages)
• copies of your academic degree certificates/diplomas and copies of certificates/diplomas relating to your language proficiency, if not indicated in the academic degree certificates/diplomas
• other documents to demonstrate the applicant’s merits for the position.
Questions?

For further information on the position, please contact:
Head of International Business and Sales, Professor Mika Gabrielsson, tel.+358 29 445 5007, [log in to unmask]
Head of Business School, Professor Saara Julkunen, tel.+358 29 445 5092, [log in to unmask]
For more information of applying and the application process, please contact Human Resources Coordinator Airi Leppänen, tel. +358 29 445 5171, [log in to unmask]
A few facts on the UEF and the Faculty of Social Sciences and Business Studies
The University of Eastern Finland is the most multidisciplinary university in Finland. We have 16,000 students and 3,000 staff. Our campuses are located in Joensuu and Kuopio. Our research is ranked among the best in the world in several fields. We produce researched information that can be used freely and for the benefit of all. UEF is about impressive actions that make a difference now and in the future. Information on our university at https://www.uef.fi/en
<http://www.uef.fi/>
The Faculty of Social Sciences and Business Studies operates in the two UEF campuses in Kuopio and Joensuu. The faculty trains professionals and experts in the areas of history and geography, business sciences, law, social sciences and social and health care leadership. The research done in the faculty is strongly tied to the areas recognized in the university strategy. The faculty has about 4,300 basic degree students and about 450 active postgraduate students. The faculty has about 300 staff. https://www.uef.fi/en/faculty-of-social-sciences-and-business-studies

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.