From: Mammalian Biology <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Stapp, Paul <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 11:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: MS student/technician in urban ecology for Fall 2022
External Email - Exercise Caution

Hello,

I am looking for a new Masters student to join my lab in Fall 2022 to work on new project on the ecology of roof rats in suburban Orange County, California. The project is a collaboration between my lab and Dr. Niamh Quinn at UC-ANR South Coast Research Extension Center. It will likely involve tracking the movements of rats using tracking tunnels and radio-antenna technology and examining their responses to different IPM practices.

We are especially seeking applicants who have field experience with small mammals and are interested in urban ecology. We have funding for the individual to begin working early this summer (May or June) and then begin the graduate program in fall. Most students in our MS Biology program at California State University Fullerton are funded during the academic year on teaching assistantships, but we have funds for research expenses and summer field/lab work.

Applications for fall entry into the graduate program are due 15 March 2022 (visit www.fullerton.edu/biology/grads<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http*3A*2F*2Fwww.fullerton.edu*2Fbiology*2Fgrads&data=04*7C01*7CMAMMAL-L*40SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU*7Cb20cc67a33794a56b15908d9e08377f3*7C989b5e2a14e44efe93b78cdd5fc5d11c*7C0*7C0*7C637787677529918199*7CUnknown*7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0*3D*7C3000&sdata=cwglddGg5Z9fzZL2H1hR*2FSpVXR6nox7CVihI3hMPa2M*3D&reserved=0__;JSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJQ!!HXCxUKc!jhcko23nJxhxwzkd5OND2mksHGQDSv4AeKGoFFvocEZ9TnPfUFA5XBIM4NokrEkWmw$> for application procedures). For more information about the project and possible options, please email me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and we can arrange a time to talk by phone or Zoom.

Thanks,

Paul Stapp