From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Nicole Downing <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, January 3, 2022 at 9:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [scuttlebutt:19314] Blue Ocean Society Education and Research Internships
The Blue Ocean Society for Marine Conservation is looking for enthusiastic, motivated people to join us for our Summer Whale Research and Marine Science Education Internship Programs. This is a fun and exciting opportunity to experience the daily challenges of studying wild marine life on the ocean and also interact with and inspire the public to take action to protect marine life.

The ideal candidate will be outgoing, enthusiastic, detail oriented and have a strong desire both to learn and teach. A desire to practice or improve public speaking skills is essential. Background knowledge of biology is helpful, but prior experience is not necessary. Although all training is provided and weekly meetings are required, we are looking for motivated individuals who can learn on their own and work independently in addition to working with our staff.

Education interns work with our educators at the Blue Ocean Discovery Center on Hampton Beach to inspire the public to protect the marine environment while introducing them to some of the Gulf of Maine’s coastal marine life! In the center there are two display tanks and one touch tank with live animals as well as some other interpretive exhibits. At the center you will learn how to educate people of all ages in an informal environment, handle and care for a variety of aquatic animals, lead public beach clean ups and serve as a positive role model for future ocean stewards.

Whale research interns work with our naturalists aboard a commercial whale watch vessel, the M/V Granite State<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/*28http/*www.granitestatewhalewatch.com__;JS8!!HXCxUKc!itNvrtIgmscXeUx_sHu1xWdrq96AlnBWcX7_Z3Jl98sxSygGtOnaOSopkBvfBVfihg$> . They collect detailed data electronically and also educate passengers one-on-one about marine life in the Gulf of Maine, a thriving ecosystem known for some of the best whale watching in the country.

See our website for more information and how to apply:
http://www.blueoceansociety.org/internships/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.blueoceansociety.org/internships/__;!!HXCxUKc!itNvrtIgmscXeUx_sHu1xWdrq96AlnBWcX7_Z3Jl98sxSygGtOnaOSopkBuMPtjObw$>

Nicole Downing
Research Assistant and Intern Coordinator
Blue Ocean Society for Marine Conservation
400 Little Harbor Road #1103, Portsmouth, NH 03801

Protecting Marine Life in the Gulf of Maine Through Research, Education, and Inspiring Action
[%|loc%]How to unsubscribe from list:[%END%]
[%|loc%]https://lists.vims.edu/wws/help/user-signoff.html[%END%]