From: Bloemers, Barbara <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, January 2, 2022 6:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Postdoc opportunity at Texas A&M

Dr. Jeff Tomberlin ([log in to unmask]) has a postdoc position opening in my lab this February (some flexibility with start date). The position will be for two years. The salary will be based on experience but could be $54K/year with benefits. The research will be exploring the impact of resource nutrition on insect development and associated nutritional value. The applications of results will be emphasizing decomposition ecology as related to insects mass produced for use as food for human consumption. A goal of the work is to determine if consuming insect protein as part of your diet promotes health benefits. The research is in collaboration with colleagues at Tufts University. Experience with molecular biology (i.e., microbiome) and entomology preferred.

Much appreciated-

Jeffery K. Tomberlin, PhD, D-ABFE

(He/Him/His)

Professor, AgriLife Research Fellow &

Presidential Impact Fellow

Director & Site Director, NSF I/UCRC for Environmental

Sustainability through Insect Farming

2475 TAMU

Department of Entomology

Texas A&M University