Dear AIB members,

I possess over 36 years of rich and varied industry experience, especially in Credit and Risk Management, at Senior Levels, in Banks & NBFCs like Allahabad Bank, Vysya Bank, ING Vysya Bank, Srei BNP Paribas JV. My last assignment   was with SREI BNP Paribas (Joint Venture of BNP Paribas Leasing Group) as “Head of Credit (Senior Vice President)”.

While I was associated with the industry, I was attended various   “Business Schools” like IIT, Kharagapur, IBS (Bangalore) etc as visiting/guest faculty. Further, I have 10 years of academic experience in teaching postgraduate students with reputed “Business Schools” in Bangalore, India. After retiring from the industry, I was   associated with one of the   established “B–School” in Bangalore, “International Institute of Business Studies” as HOD “Finance and Banking” for a period of one year and thereafter  I was associated with one of the well reputed “B-School”  “Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship, Bangalore” for five years. Till 9th Sept’2021, I was associated with “Indus Business Academy (IBA), Bangalore” as “Associated Professor-Finance & Banking”. IBA is the member of CHEA International Quality Group, USA and internationally accredited by IACBE, US.

I recently own the following academic credentials;
Selected as “REVIEWER” for the central annual conference (2021) of Academy of International Business. (USA)
Nominated as a “Session Chair” at AIB (US) 2021 central annual conference, for the following  two sessions on  June 28th & July 1st,
Further, I have been awarded “The Best Reviewer” by "The Academy of International Business (AIB), USA. The award was granted by AIB for reviewing research papers, submitted globally for presentation in their annual conference (June’2021).
The Academy of International Business (AIB-US) is the premier global community of international business scholars and was founded in 1959. Today, AIB (US) is promoting impactful research, improving business education and practice, and collaborating with leaders in policy and interdisciplinary research.

My academic qualifications are,
Pursuing US Certified Public Accountant (CPA), the highest accounting credential in the United States with well accepted global recognition and credibility.
Awarded PhD in Management (Finance) by CMJ University (www.cmjumeghalaya.edu.in) (July’2016) on the research topic “Study on Evaluating the Effectiveness and Efficiency of Global   Risk Measures in Automobile Industry”. The research was conducted under the guidance of Dr C Manohar (Senior Director--ISBR Business School, Bangalore, India.
The Chartered Institute of Bankers, London (ACIB), (1991) specialization in International Banking. Awarded merit in Multinational Corporate Banking, Finance & Investments.
FCMA, Fellow of “The Institute of Cost Accountants of India”: ICMA Qualified’1988.
The Indian Institute of Banking and Finance, India (CAIIB), qualified in the year 1985.
BSc (Honors in Physics) from Calcutta University in the year 1971.

I mention below some of the key skills I possessed.
Skill in verbal and written communication.
Skill in operating equipment, such as personal computer, copier, phone systems.
Ability to evaluate information to make informed and responsive decisions on matters that impact stakeholders.
Expertise to read, analyse, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governing body regulations.
Proficiency to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to identify problems, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and recommend and implement policies and processes to advance continuous improvement efforts.
Capability to process, analyse, and present qualitative and quantitative data.
Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
Excellent organizational and communication skills, with a proven ability to provide timely, accurate information on a variety of academically oriented subjects to both internal and external constituents.
Proficient with Microsoft Word and other application in the Microsoft Office suite.
Practical and academic expertise on finance, accounting and banking
Thirty six years of industry experience in various capacities include functional heads like “Manager”, “Regional Head” and “Credit Head”
Ten years of academic experience in teaching post graduate students of multiple communities from different countries.
PhD evaluator for reputed university’s research papers
Well reputed internationally accredited academic qualification (ACIB) from “ Chartered Institute of Bankers-London”
Experienced in teaching post graduate students (Finance, Accounting and Banking related subjects) online using LMS platform
Participated in initial and ongoing training besides contributing to develop training materials and provided input on improving training, courses, and processes besides contributing actively on course curriculum up-dating.

As I own thirty six years of industry experience coupled with ten years of academic exposures in teaching post graduate students, I feel that I am capable to bring student success at the highest level.

My association with “Indus Business Academy, Bangalore” is recently concluded on 9th Sept’2021. Now, I desire to be associated with academic institution through  teaching online to management students on finance, accounting and banking  related subjects like Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Corporate Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions, International Finance, Derivatives and Investment Banking. Have requisite computer proficiency with 3 years post graduate (MBA) online teaching experience.

I solicit support from AIB members.

Regards
Dr Suranjan Bhattacheryay

Encl: Resume