CALL FOR PAPERS

The Special Issue of Economic Modelling

Multinational Enterprises and Global Value Chains in the Global Pandemic:

The Rising Role of Developing Countries

Submission Deadline: 30 June 2022

Guest Editors:

Yong Yang (Shanghai Polytechnic University, China, [log in to unmask])

Nigel Driffield (University of Warwick, UK, [log in to unmask])

Davide Castellani (University of Reading, UK, [log in to unmask])

Yun Zhang (Shanghai Lixin University of Accounting and Finance, China, [log in to unmask])

Paper Development Workshop

To help authors to develop papers, we intend to organize a paper development workshop (in a mixed mode of onsite and online) in Shanghai Polytechnic University. The tentative dates for this workshop are 28-29 March 2022. You could either send an extended summary of approximately 2000 words or a full paper to [log in to unmask] by the 1st of February 2022. You will be notified after we receive your paper. We will notify you whether your paper is included in the workshop or not.

Special Issue Submission

The submission deadline to this special issue is the 30th of June 2022. We seek manuscripts including empirical modelling on multinational enterprises and global value chains, and adding to scholarly conversation on the role of developing countries. Authors should submit complete manuscripts by the submission deadline date via the Economic Modelling online submission system at https://www.editorialmanager.com/ecmode/default1.aspx

The submission site opens from 1 May to 30 June 2022. Manuscripts should be in accordance with Economic Modelling Guide for Authors available on the journal web page, and the submitted manuscripts will be subject to Economic Modelling’s blind review process. To ensure that a manuscript is correctly identified for considering at this special issue, authors should select ‘SI: MNEs and GVC’ in the online submission process.  Should you have questions about this special issue, you can contact the guest editors.

Please see the attached Call For Papers in detail.

Professor Yong Yang

Shanghai Polytechnic University

Room 316, Building 17, 2360 Jin Hai Road

Pudong District, Shanghai, China

Email: [log in to unmask]