From: Vandergoot, Christopher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, November 4, 2021 at 11:29 AM
Subject: Postdoctoral Research Position- Michigan State University
All,
We’re recruiting for a postdoctoral researcher to estimate mortality components using acoustic telemetry data in the Great Lakes Basin.  A short description of the project is listed below, a full description is included in the attachment.  Thanks for your help!

CSV

We seek a Post-Doctoral Research Associate with a strong background in statistics/modeling to develop and evaluate models for estimating spatially-specific mortality (fishing and natural) components from acoustic telemetry detection data. Project will involve simulation modeling and analysis of empirical data resulting from multiple acoustic tagging studies of walleye and other species in Lakes Erie and Huron. The hired associate will have an opportunity to work with a mixture of federal, state, and university biologists in model development. Developed methodology is anticipated to involve spatial capture-recapture or multi-state models implemented using a state-space framework. Developed models are anticipated to be used widely in the Great Lakes and other systems where observation systems are in place.

Christopher S. Vandergoot
Director, Great Lakes Acoustic Telemetry Observation System<https://glatos.glos.us/>
Associate Professor, Michigan State University<http://csis.msu.edu/>

P: 734-780-6010