*Please Share!*

Allen Neighborhood Center (ANC) is seeking an energetic person to serve as
our *Volunteer and Communications Manager. * This person will recruit,
orient, and place volunteers in ANC programs, including Allen Farmers
Market, Breadbasket Pantry, Hunter Park GardenHouse, Veggie Box, Shared-Use
Kitchens, and Outreach. In addition, this person will maintain and grow
ANC’s robust social media presence.  We need an outgoing individual,
someone who is eager to learn, has the desire to work with diverse groups
of people, and has a keen appreciation of the work of ANC on Lansing’s
Eastside. This is a 25 hour/week position with the potential to grow to
full-time. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.

For over twenty years, Allen Neighborhood Center has pioneered and
continues to offer successful programs in health education and outreach,
housing improvement, food security and nutrition education, youth
development, commercial corridor revitalization, and social capital
building. This is due, in large part, to our robust and dedicated team of
volunteers and interns. Over 500 volunteers contribute over 10,000 hours
each year to make our work possible. Volunteers help create an environment
that supports shared responsibility for our children, elders, families, and
neighborhoods.

So please, view this as our personal ask to you: Will you apply for the
position of Volunteer/Communications Coordinator?  Or, will you help Allen
Neighborhood Center find the right person for this position by sharing this
message with others? Thank you so much.

The deadline for applying is Friday, November 5.  Please email a cover
letter & resume to [log in to unmask] For further
information, call Joan at  517-999-3912

--
Joan Nelson, Director
Allen Neighborhood Center

If you would like to access previous postings to the Mich-Organic listserv you can copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar
 http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html