Hello everyone:

As a co-chair of the 2021 PDMA Doctoral Dissertation Proposal Competition, I am pleased to announce the winners of this year.

First Place: Jung H. Kwon is a doctoral candidate at the University of Texas at Dallas. Jung’s dissertation proposal is entitled “Strategic Management of Intellectual Property Rights and Technology Entrepreneurship.” Dr. H. Dennis Park serves as Jung’s dissertation committee chair. The first place winner will receive a cash prize of $3,000 and other supports from the PDMA.

Second Place: Kohei Matsumoto is a doctoral candidate at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Kohei’s dissertation proposal is entitled “Essays on Competition and Innovation: Empirical Investigations of Product Recalls and Private Labels.” Dr. Anna Shaojie Cui serves as Kohei’s dissertation committee chair. The second place winner will receive a cash prize of $2,000.

Third Place: Yuyan Wei is a doctoral candidate at McMaster University. Yuyan’s dissertation proposal is entitled “Drivers and Outcomes of Corporate Green Acquisition Strategy.” Dr. Ashish Pujari serves as Yuyan’s dissertation committee chair. The third place winner will receive a cash prize of $1,000.

Congratulations to the winners!!! The winners will be presenting their work at the upcoming JPIM Research Forum held in Baltimore on November 14th. Information about the conference is available at https://www.pdma.org/page/conference-central.

Finally, on behalf of PDMA and the JPIM community, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our reviewers for their time and their valuable feedback. Feel free to reach out to Subin Im ([log in to unmask]) or me ([log in to unmask]) should you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Ruby. P. Lee, PhD

Professor of Marketing & Director of International Programs

College of Business | Florida State University

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

2016-17 Fulbright-Hanken Distinguished Chair in Business and Economics, Hanken School of Economics, Finland