We are pleased to announce the Alan Rugman Fellow for the 2021-22 academic year, hosted by the John H. Dunning Centre for International Business at the Henley Business School, University of Reading (henley.ac.uk/dunning).

This year’s fellowship has been awarded to Stephanie Wang, based at Kelley School of Business, Indiana University. She is an associate Professor with broad interests across both International Business and Strategic Management

Stephanie’s work touches a number of different fields, including ethics, CSR, cultural industries and emerging markets, and has been published in leading journals such as the JIBS, JWB, GSJ, JMS and SMJ.  She has received several prestigious research awards, such as the Emerging Scholar Award from the International Management Division from the Academy of Management (AOM) in 2019, the Academy of International Business (AIB) Best Paper Award in 2018, and the Women’s Emerging Scholar Award at the annual meeting of the AIB in 2017.

The Alan Rugman Visiting Fellowship was established in 2015. This is an annual award which honours the work of the late Professor Alan Rugman, and is therefore available to scholars whose work is explicitly linked to topics aligned with his academic interests. The award is in part available thanks to a donation from Helen Rugman in memory to her late husband.  Details on the programme can be found at: https://www.henley.ac.uk/research/academic-areas/international-business-strategy/visiting-scholar-fellowships  Prior to the Covid-19 Pandemic, Visiting fellows were expected to give at least one seminar, and to spend between 2 and 4 weeks in residence over an academic year (between September and June). We are unsure how this will work out for this academic year, but we will still seek to develop joint research with our faculty through other means.

I am sure you will join with me in congratulating Stephanie!

Rajneesh Narula, OBE, PhD, FRSA

The John H. Dunning Chair in International Business

Henley Business School, Reading University

http://www.linkedin.com/in/narula1

http://goo.gl/Jk8QCj