Dear friends and colleagues,

(1) Last June, International Business Review convened its first (virtual) Paper Development Workshop (PDW) aimed specifically at early career researchers. This was a great success, and the participants received constructive and detailed feedback on their manuscripts. We intend to repeat the (virtual) Young Scholars PDW in 2022, alongside the (face-to-face) Professional Development Workshops we intend to offer at all the major International Business conferences (i.e. AIB, EIBA, AIB-UKI, ANZIBA, AIB-LAC and more).

The next Young Scholars PDW is scheduled to take place on 14 January 2022. Please have a look at this website for further details of the application procedure and of the renowned scholars who have agreed to participate and provide feedback:
https://www.journals.elsevier.com/international-business-review/ibr-development-workshops/2022-young-ib-scholars-workshop<https://www.journals.elsevier.com/international-business-review/ibr-development-workshops/2022-young-ib-scholars-workshop>

(2) As part of our ongoing commitment to young scholars, International Business Review will introduce the IBR Early Career Researcher Award in 2022. The 2022 award will be conferred to the lead author of the best paper published online in International Business Review during the 2022 calendar year, where the lead author is an early career researcher (defined as someone who has been awarded his/her Ph.D less than five years before the paper was initially submitted to IBR). Further details are available in the Guide for Authors, available at the website above. The winner will be announced in early 2023, and s/he will receive $500 in prize money and a certificate at that year’s AIB conference. So please submit your manuscripts now to have a chance of winning the 2022 award.

(3) All journals benefit from the expertise and hard work of the many talented individuals who review submitted manuscripts, and who provide constructive and developmental feedback to the authors. International Business Review is no exception, and we will also be introducing IBR Best Reviewer Awards with effect from 2022. The winners will be those reviewers who have undertaken reviews of at least two different manuscripts during the year, have submitted the reviews in a timely manner, and whose reviews have been judged by our Senior Editors as particularly thorough, insightful, and constructive. The winners will be announced in early 2023, and they will each receive a certificate at that year’s AIB conference. If you would like to review for International Business Review, then please sign up at our website [https://www.journals.elsevier.com/international-business-review].

Best wishes
Roger Strange & Fang Lee Cooke (IBR Editors-in-Chief)

Roger Strange

Professor of International Business

Editor-in-Chief, International Business Review

University of Sussex Business School, Room 107A, Jubilee Building

Brighton BN1 9SL, United Kingdom

Tel: (44) 1273-873531

Web profile: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/profiles/243640

Centre for International Business & Development:

https://www.sussex.ac.uk/business-school/strategy-marketing/research/international-business

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.