Dear AIB colleagues,

Would you please circulate this call for papers.

Thanks

https://academic-publishing.org/index.php/ejbrm

Special Issue on Qualitative Comparative Analysis

Special issue Call for Papers

Qualitative Comparative Analysis (QCA) in Business Research

This Special Issue of EJBRM invites submissions that address concerns related to any aspect of the application of Qualitative Comparative Analysis in the disciplines of management and business.

Next year marks 35 years since publishing of The Comparative Method by Charles Ragin which introduced Qualitative Comparative Analysis (QCA), a comparative case-oriented research approach, based on the Boolean algebra, and aimed at providing a causal analysis. The method while popular among social science researchers (Berger, 2016) is only recently becoming more accepted in management and organisational studies. As many of the research problems and questions identified within the business and management literature are complex and suggest multiple causal configurations, the QCA appears particularly well suited to those studies.

Papers should address what can be established using QCA or provide comparisons with alternative methods within the context for the same research study. We are looking for novel, inspiring, and cutting-edge QCA applications (using both crisp and fuzzy sets) that stimulate further discussion of the research potential of this method. We are not looking at mechanistic applications of the QCA, but rather applications that would potentially improve organisational practice and be of value to managers, practitioners and policy makers.

Berger, E. (2016) Is Qualitative Comparative Analysis an emerging method? Structured literature review and bibliometric analysis of QCA applications in business and management research. In Berger, E. and Kuckertz, A. (eds) Complexity in entrepreneurship, innovation and technology research: Applications of emergent and neglected methods, FGF Studies in Small Business and Entrepreneurship, Springer International Publishing,  287-309.

This call is open until 31 January 2022. Enquiries can be sent to Branka at [log in to unmask]

Dr Branka Krivokapic-Skoko is currently a Professor in Management at School of Business, Charles Sturt University, Australia. Branka’s research method interests are particularly around comparative case studies, Qualitative Comparative Analysis, and mixed method designs. Her Ph.D. thesis used the QCA in analysing the emergence of business networks in New Zealand agriculture.

Branka Krivokapic-Skoko
Professor

School of Business| FOBJBS

Charles Sturt University

Panorama Avenue

BATHURST NSW 2795

Tel: +61 2 63384428

Email: [log in to unmask]

www.csu.edu.au

AS_CMYK_Bronze Award_300dpi

Charles Sturt University

|   ALBURY-WODONGA   |   BATHURST   |   BRISBANE   |   CANBERRA   |   DUBBO   |   GOULBURN   |   MELBOURNE   |   ORANGE   |   PORT MACQUARIE   |   SYDNEY   |   WAGGA WAGGA   |

LEGAL NOTICE
This email (and any attachment) is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute, take any action in reliance on it or disclose it to anyone. Any confidentiality is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery. Email should be checked for viruses and defects before opening. Charles Sturt University does not accept liability for viruses or any consequence which arise as a result of this email transmission. Email communications with Charles Sturt University may be subject to automated email filtering, which could result in the delay or deletion of a legitimate email before it is read at Charles Sturt University. The views expressed in this email are not necessarily those of Charles Sturt University.

Charles Sturt University in Australia The Grange Chancellery, Panorama Avenue, Bathurst NSW Australia 2795 (ABN: 83 878 708 551; CRICOS Provider Number: 00005F (National)). TEQSA Provider Number: PV12018

Consider the environment before printing this email.