Birmingham Business School at the University of Birmingham is a world-leading institution and global thought leader in responsible business. We hold triple-crown accreditation with EQUIS, AMBA and AACSB. We are seeking to appoint a Chair in Strategy and International Business to lead world-class research and deliver research-led education that supports the strategic priorities of the School, aligning also with the University’s broader strategy regarding sustainability and ‘research that matters’. The postholder will be expected to engage with colleagues within and outside the School to support and develop research agendas around responsible international business and sustainability.

The Department of Strategy and International Business is a Centre of Excellence for research in International Business. We conduct internationally-leading research on: internationalisation of firms in and from emerging economies, entrepreneurship, innovation and global value chains, international strategic alliances and merger & acquisitions, and methodological approaches in international business research. Our research regularly appears in world elite and top journals in the field of international business and beyond. The postholder will be expected to have an outstanding international reputation in the international business scholarly community.

Main Duties

Person Specification

The School is strongly committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and is particularly seeking applications from underrepresented groups. Applications will be assessed against the stated criteria and on merit.

Informal Enquiries – Professor Catherine Cassell, Dean of Birmingham Business School ([log in to unmask]) or Dr Linda Hsieh, Head of Department of Strategy and International Business ([log in to unmask])

Closing date: 3 October 2021

To download a full job description and details of this position and submit an electronic application online please visit https://bham.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2100014R&tz=GMT%2B01%3A00&tzname=Europe%2FLondon

Dr Linda H.Y. Hsieh

Reader/Associate Professor in International Business

Birmingham Business School
University of Birmingham

B15 2TT
United Kingdom