Apologies for cross-posting
Call for Papers /Abstracts
5th Academia-Industry Exchange
Business as usual: How do we turn the new normal into normal?
3 & 4 December 2021
Institute of International Business and Governance (IIBG) 2021 Conference
Venue: The Open University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
Please see below for information on Publication Opportunities
Funded by the Research Grants Council’s Institutional Development Scheme, the Lee Shau Kee School of Business and Administration, The Open University of Hong Kong (OUHK), established the Institute of International Business and Governance (IIBG) in January 2016. Every year, IIBG organizes an ‘academia-industry exchange’ to provide an open platform for academics and practitioners from around the world to share and discuss ideas and issues related to new thinking and research findings in the broad areas of international business, governance and ethics.
Building on the success of the past exchanges, IIBG is organizing its 5h Academia-Industry Exchange ‘Business as usual: How do we turn the new normal into normal?’ on 3 & 4 December 2021 at The Open University of Hong Kong. We invite competitive papers and posters which respond to the theme of the conference. Conceptual, theoretical, and empirical papers using qualitative and/or quantitative methodologies are welcome. Suggested topics include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Pandemic’s Impacts and Recovery
2. Big Data
3. Corporate Governance, Accountability and Ethics
4. Digital Business
7. Human Resource Management
8. Ideation, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
9. Innovation for Sustainability
10. Organization Management
11. Sustainable Tourism
Professor Wayne F. Cascio, Distinguished Professor Emeritus, University of Colorado, US; Cofounder, Business School of the University of Colorado Denver, US
1. The conference will host both competitive sessions and poster sessions. Competitive sessions are for well-developed research work. Authors are required to submit extended abstracts for oral presentation in the competitive sessions. Once the extended abstracts are accepted for presentation, authors are required to submit their full papers to us before 8 Oct 2021. Poster sessions are for research work that is at an early stage of development. They allow researchers to engage in constructive discussion with other knowledgeable researchers in the field. Authors are required to submit extended abstracts for presentation in the poster sessions.
2. Authors are invited to submit their work via
The format of abstracts can be found at
4. The format of extended abstracts and full papers can be found at
Selection for Special Issue of the Asian Journal of Business Ethics:
1. Studies in the areas of ethics with an Asian focus will be considered for publication in the special issue of the Asian Journal of Business Ethics (AJBE).
2. For those who would like to have their papers considered for publication in the special issue of the Asian Journal of Business Ethics (AJBE), please indicate “Concurrent Submission to the AJBE” on the cover page.
3. All submissions will go through separate blind-review processes for the special issue.
Submission deadline of extended abstracts: 31 July 2021
Confirmation of abstract acceptance: 20 September 2021
Full paper submission deadline: 8 October 2021
Registration opens: 1 June 2021
Online registration: Closes on 22 November 2021
1. Early-Bird Registration USD$ 100 (by October 8, 2021)
2. Regular Registration USD$ 150 (October 9 to November 22, 2021)
1. Early-Bird Registration USD$ 200 (by October 8, 2021)
2. Regular Registration USD$ 250 (October 9 to November 22, 2021)
On-site participation fee includes welcome reception, two coffee breaks and a conference lunch.
Prof. Alan Au
Dean, Lee Shau Kee School of Business and Administration
Institute of International Business and Governance, The Open University of Hong Kong,
Homantin, Kowloon, Hong Kong SAR, China