Assistant professor position announcement
Department of Management and Entrepreneurship, Williams College of Business
Xavier University
2021

Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission (https://www.xavier.edu/hr/documents/1MissionVision.pdf). We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, we are committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and we deliberately seek out multiple perspectives.

Xavier University, located in Cincinnati, Ohio, and an AACSB accredited Jesuit Catholic University, invites applications for a tenure-track position in Management at the Assistant Professor rank in the Department of Management and Entrepreneurship of the Williams College of Business.

This position, beginning in August of 2022, entails teaching courses in Strategic Management, with broad integrative content including Organization Theory and Organization Behavior, and related management courses, at both the undergraduate and MBA levels.  The ideal candidate also will have practical business experience.  Salary will be competitive.  Teaching is a 3/3 load, typically with one or two preparations per year.

With close ties to Cincinnati’s business community, our Department provides education, training, and real-life business experiences to undergraduate, MBA, and Executive MBA students in face-to-face and online formats. Experientially-based teaching is one of our strategic pillars, enabled by class sizes that typically are less than 30 students.  Another strategic pillar of the WCB is “leading Entrepreneurship and Innovation”, so a candidate who includes these domains in teaching and/or research is also highly valued.

As a balanced school, Xavier faculty members are expected to be excellent teachers and active scholars. Therefore, we are looking for candidates with demonstrated accomplishments and/or strong potential in both teaching and scholarship.  Candidates must hold a terminal degree in Strategic Management, Management, or a closely related field, or be ABD with the firm expectation of completing their terminal degrees prior to starting at Xavier.

Cincinnati, a major city in southwest Ohio, has a thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem and a vibrant business community.  Cincinnati is home to five Fortune 500 companies and has a thriving arts community, professional sports teams, a world-renowned amusement park, and the nation’s second-best zoo (USA Today), all with an affordable cost of living. It was recently voted one of the most important “Places to Travel in 2021” (#11 on Travel & Leisure), Best Cities for Raising a Family (#9 on Forbes), Best Cities for College Grads (#1 on Smart Asset).  It is also close to numerous venues for hiking, rock climbing, kayaking and canoeing, and other outdoor activities.

The position will be open until filled. However, to ensure full consideration, applicants should submit the following to Xavier University’s website by July 24, 2021: cover letter, CV, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and a research statement. The cover letter should include a statement regarding how you plan to incorporate diversity and inclusion into your performance for this position. We will begin interviews at the virtual AOM Meeting.

https://www.xavier.edu/management/index

To apply, please use the link below (Xavier Silkroad website).
Assistant Professor of Management 999862 - 3800 Victory Parkway, Cincinnati, OH - Xavier University (silkroad.com)

Please note: only 5 attachments can be uploaded at step 3 of the application process online.  Consolidate documents if necessary. Additionally, in advance of an on-campus interview, a copy of all graduate transcripts and three letters of recommendations will be requested.

Feel free to contact Dr. Lynda Kilbourne ([log in to unmask]), Dr. Mina Lee ([log in to unmask]), or Dr. Alex Scrimpshire ([log in to unmask]) with any questions.

Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.

https://www.xavier.edu/hr/documents/1EqualEmploymentOpportunities.pdf

--
Mina Lee
Associate professor