Please join us at our AOM 2021 Live Symposium:
The Future of Macro Talent Management (MTM): Advancing the Field

Aug 3, 2021 (Tuesday)

10:30AM – 12PM (EST)

Panelists:

Shaista E. Khilji (George Washington University, USA)

Vlad Vaiman (California Lutheran University, USA)

Ibraiz Tarqiue (Pace University, USA)

Karin A. King (The London School of Economics & Political Science, UK)

Discussant:

Marion Festing (ESCP Business School, Germany)

Sponsors: HR & IM Divisions

Overview

The Macro Talent Management (MTM) field was established in 2015 within the context of increasing globalization, interconnectedness, and the growing search for national competitive advantage (Khilji, Schuler & Tarique, 2015). More than five years later, we are witnessing a surge in workforce disruption and mounting socio-economic pressures, which underscore the importance of further developing our understanding of MTM. This is primarily due to unresolved geopolitical tensions, rapid technological advancement, decreased employee engagement, and the changing government policies (which impact immigration policies, business regulations, talent migration, onshoring decisions, and regionalization) (Mercer, 2019). Most recently, the global COVID-19 pandemic and its widespread impact on organizations, employees, and societies has accelerated many environmental shifts and resulted in enabling greater use of flexible work arrangements globally (Frankiewicz & Chamorro-Premuzic, 2020; Hancock & Schaninger, 2020). Thus, while further enhancing the relevance of MTM to organizations today, such trends also compel us to reorient our understanding of MTM and its conceptualization.

Within this backdrop, this LIVE panel symposium engages a group of panelists in a moderated, interactive discussion of the following priority areas of focus:

(1)  the future of MTM;

(2)  the panelists' interpretations of the global context and its impact on MTM; and

(3)  their respective views on how to advance the field in recognition of today's disruptive external contexts, including the COVID-19 pandemic and the post-pandemic world.

Symposium plan (Live Open session)

·      First 30 minutes: Introduction & each panelist's view on the future of MTM

·      Next 30 minutes: The Discussant engages with the panelists through integrative questions

·      Last 30 minutes: The audience interacts with the panelists through live Q&A

If you have any questions, please email Shaista Khilji ([log in to unmask]) or Vlad Vaiman ([log in to unmask]).

Vlad Vaiman, PhD
Professor, Associate Dean

[log in to unmask]" alt="[log in to unmask]">

60 West Olsen Road #3550 | Thousand Oaks, CA 91360 | USA

Phone: 805.493.3892 | Fax: 805.493.3213

[log in to unmask] | www.CalLutheran.edu

University Faculty Profile

LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/vladvaiman/

Chief Editorial Consultant, European J. of Int‘l Management

Editor, Emerald Book Series on Talent Management

Editor, European Management Review