We look forward to welcoming you to the 2021 Annual Meeting of the Academy of International Business (AIB), online, June 25 through July 1. In the midst of recent, extraordinary global events, this year’s theme – Reimagining International Business in a Changed World – emphasizes innovation and adaptation.

Building on that theme, we wanted to make you aware of a number of cutting-edge events we'll be debuting at this year's conference. If you haven't already registered, make sure you do it as soon as possible so you can take advantage of these unique opportunities.

 More Diverse Conference Tracks & Topics

In keeping with this year's theme, the conference will feature novel sessions on COVID-19, technological progress, growth of the global middle class, advances in international marketing, and numerous other developments. The Gender and Diversity track will also offer a special session on AIB's Diversity and Inclusion efforts. Other planned panels and presentations within this track can be viewed in our main conference program.

 A New Focus on Sustainability in IB

Following the launch of the Sustainability Shared Interest Group (SIG), our 2021 conference will offer a special session, six panels, and numerous competitive and interactive sessions on Sustainability. Additionally, the SIG will provide training workshops as part of the AIB 2021 Pre-conference.

Fellows Cafés in a Variety of Languages

This year, for the first time, AIB will feature Fellows Cafés by top scholars in their native languages – Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish – all aimed at increasing the diversity and inclusiveness of our organization.

Masterclasses on Scholarly Publishing

In our mission to foster IB research and education, the 2021 conference will feature a brand new sequence of two Masterclasses on ‘Publishing in International Business’, featuring top scholars who offer training on developing and preparing manuscripts for submission to scholarly journals.

Fresh Perspectives on Emerging Markets

This year’s local track highlights “Building Bridges to Emerging Markets and the New Global Middle Class”.  In this theme, the conference will feature numerous Fellows Cafés, panels, and other sessions on emerging markets, such as the showcase session ‘What is Still Emerging about EMNEs? Setting the Agenda for Future Research’.

Our Academy is on the move.  We look forward to seeing you at AIB 2021!

Gary Knight
Program Chair