Hello AIB friends:  I am pleased to announce that the latest issue of the AIB RM-SIG Newsletter is available (https://aibrmsig.files.wordpress.com/2021/06/rm-sig-news-no-11-2021-24-june_final-1.pdf).

Also, the RM-SIG is trying something new with the RM Clinics -- No registration required.  I have attached the RM Clinic schedule below (https://www.aib.world/events/2021/program/research-methods-clinics/).  We are pleased to have Fiona Moore, Jasmin Mahadevan, Rebecca Piekkari, Emmanuella Plakoyiannaki, Elizabeth Rose, Stav Fainschmidt, and Niina Nummela share their time and expertise.  Also, it is an honor and privilege to announce that some of my RM-SIG colleagues – Bo Nielsen, Catherine Welch, and Aggie Chidlow – will be leading RM Clinics.  If you have any questions about the RM Clinics, please contact Emma Gardner ([log in to unmask]) or me ([log in to unmask]).

We look forward to great AIB conference!!

Stewart Miller

President, AIB Research Methods SIG

RM-SIG Research Methods Clinics Schedule

Date

Time
(UTC)

Local Time

Topic

Facilitator(s)

June 28

3:30 pm

Local Time

Qualitative Methods

Fiona Moore, Royal Holloway, University of London
Jasmin Mahadevan, Pforzheim University

June 29

12:00 am

Local Time

Multinomial and Ordered Logit/Probit Models and Plotting

Stewart Miller, University of Texas at San Antonio

June 29

1:30 am

Local Time

Multi-level Modelling

Bo Nielsen, University of Sydney

June 29

7:00 am

Local Time

Qualitative Methods

Rebecca Piekkari, Aalto University

June 29

12:30 pm

Local Time

Case Study Research

Emmanuella Plakoyiannaki, University of Vienna

June 29

5:00 pm

Local Time

Experiments

Ursula Ott, Nottingham Trent University

June 30

1:30 am

Local Time

Categorical Data/Survey Design

Elizabeth Rose, University of Leeds

June 30

7:00 am

Local Time

Structural Equation Modelling (SEM)

Bo Nielsen, University of Sydney

June 30

5:00 pm

Local Time

Qualitative Data Collection in Cross-County Studies

Roberta Aguzzoli, Durham University

June 30

6:30 pm

Local Time

Qualitative Comparative Analysis (QCA)

Stav Fainschmidt, Florida International University

July 1

12:00 am

Local Time

Quantitative Methods: Ask Us Anything

Stewart R. Miller, University of Texas at San Antonio
Bo Nielsen, University of Sydney

July 1

7:00 am

Local Time

Adapting Qualitative Methods in light of COVID-19

Catherine Welch, University of Sydney

July 1

8:30 am

Local Time

Mixed Methods

Niina Nummela, University of Turku

July 1

2:00 pm

Local Time

Data Collection Equivalence in Cross-Country Studies

Aggie Chidlow, University of Birmingham

July 1.    .  ….

5:00 pm

Local Time

Nested and Conditional Logits and Probit Models

Stewart Miller, University of Texas at San Antonio