The AIB RM-SIG board members and officers would like to offer their most enthusiastic congratulations to Catherine Welch – the AIB RM-SIG Co-founder & Executive Board member – as well as Rebecca Piekkari, Emmanuella Plakoyiannaki, and Eriikka Paavilainen-Mäntymäki for winning the JIBS Decade Award for the article entitled: “Theorising from case studies: Towards a pluralist future for international business research”.

Catherine's methodological contributions to our scholarly community are truly outstanding. We are not only delighted to work alongside her but also very pleased to know that one of her studies has been recognised by the Journal of International Business Studies and the Academy of International Business. We have no doubt that this specific piece of work will continue to enhance our understanding as well as the relevance of the application of alternative methods of theorising in qualitative research as well as set best practices for undertaking case study research in international business scholarship and beyond.

Congratulations!!

Catherine’s AIB RM-SIG teammates: Stewart Miller, Bo Nielsen, Aggie Chidlow, Roberta Aguzzoli, Ursula Ott, Emma Gardner, Duc Nguyen, Arpit Raswant, Diletta Pegararo and Amir Qamar