We are pleased to invite you to submit a paper for a special issue of Society and Economy (Corvinus University of Budapest).
Please find below/attached the CFP.
Associate Professor, Institute of Business Economics
Corvinus University of Budapest
1093 Budapest, Fovam ter 8., Hungary
CALL FOR PAPERS
Special Issue – Society and Economy
Business and Social Innovations in International Sports
The business environment of global sports is constantly changing, which is a challenge for the Central and Eastern European region as well. Recently the pandemic has disrupted the basic structures and processes of sports accelerating previous trends in the sports economy. Global sports business responds to the challenge with many innovations. Changing practices will allow for better performance not only during an epidemic but also in the long run. New skills, networks, fundraising opportunities, communication channels are unfolding. Efforts to ensure sustainability in sports have gained unprecedented importance. Digitization and sports have become inseparable. This special issue aims to create a diverse selection of articles on the topic of Business and Social Innovations in International Sports embracing the diverse innovative research fields in the field of sports business.
Indicative topics for the special issue:
• Critical issues in global sport management
• Globalisation and localization approaches in professional and leisure sport
• Socio-economic impacts of sports mega-events
• New media, digital communications in sports
• Digital technology and sport sponsorship
• Human resource management challenges, including professional and leisure athletes
• Ecological and sustainability innovations in sports
• Social media, fan engagement, and global sport
• The role of local communities in sports, and the role of sports in local communities
• Sport and international diplomacy
• Managing innovation during the pandemic
Society and Economy is a double-blind peer-reviewed journal. The journal publishes original research articles and book reviews in the fields of economics, social sciences, and business studies, which address social and economic issues in Central and Eastern Europe or have relevance for social and economic development in this region. All papers will be published in open access format, there are no fees for the authors.
Keywords: International Sport, International Sport Events, Sport business, Business and Social Innovation, Sport Analytics, Business Models, Sport and Media, Sport and Pandemic
Guest editors: Krisztina András, PhD ([log in to unmask]
) and Tünde Máté, PhD ([log in to unmask]
Length of the papers: 4000-8000 words
Information for authors (akjournals.com): INFORMATION FOR AUTHORS
Abstract deadline: July 15, 2021
Submission deadline: November 15, 2021
Planned publication date: April 2022