GRADUATE SUMMER LIVE & LEARN PROGRAM

Graduate Hotels Ann Arbor - Ann Arbor, Michigan

DESCRIPTION

Graduate Hotels®, is seeking a Hospitality Intern to experience operations throughout the 2021 summer at Graduate Ann Arbor in our Graduate Summer School Program!   This program provides learning and growth opportunities from our wonderful team of hospitality enthusiasts.

Graduate Hotels creates authentic, playful spaces that connect a community’s travelers, students, and locals. Through thoughtfully curated design, creative F&B and community-focused events, we create hotels worthy of their hometown.

We are a diverse team of storytellers and experience makers. As a Graduate Hotels team member, you are the local insider shaping guest experiences. Our goal is to make every guest feel like a local even if it is their first time in town. To help you deliver on that goal, we encourage our team members to embody the same mindset as our guests through Graduate experiences and encouraged community exploration.

POSITION PURPOSE:

This ten-to-twelve-week operational rotation program exposes interns to every department in the property and contains assignments that will provide focused learning objectives.  This program provides hands on experience in the hospitality industry, summer housing, community citizenship, and an engaging and valuable experience for students looking to launch their career into hospitality.

PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITIES & LEARNING OPPORTUNITY:

Guest Service Department:

·      Greets guests, shadows Guest Service Representatives, learns and understands storytelling, promptly assists with guests’ requests and complaints. Answers and routes calls as appropriate; takes guest messages with accuracy.

·      Completes first Impression Assignment.

·      Learns VIP/Amenity process.

·      Learns Check In/ Out Process and understands guest security.

Housekeeping Department:

·      Cleans rooms in accordance with specific brand and company standard processes and procedures.  Replenishes guest room supplies. Complete room inspections.  Review P&L for department.

·      Shadows with Supervisors/ Managers in order to learn to assign Housekeepers with rooms to clean for the day.

·      Complete ALICE requests and understands par levels.

·      Complete bed making project and celebrate results.

Sales & Revenue Department:

·      Read a BEO (Banquet Event Order), Conduct Site Tours, Build Sales Contracts, Assist in Banquet Set-Up, and Event Management, contribute to revenue generation ideas and attend revenue calls/meetings.

·      Assist with the creation of Resumes for group room bookings.

·      Assist with the filing and administrative duties affiliated with the Sales/ Revenue Department.

Administrative and General Department:

·      Understanding of brand and operational standards. Review hotel guest service and tracking reports. Gain understanding of cost controls. Review Daily Scholar. Monitor the hiring of new associates. Assist with culture building initiatives and shadow Culture Champion. Review hotel budget and P&L. Other duties as assigned.

·      Assist with Culture initiatives and Back of House upkeep.

QUALIFICATIONS

PROGRAM QUALIFICATION:

·      Current student working towards a hospitality/business-related degree.

·      Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience both verbally and in writing.

·      Knowledge of and ability to appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.

·      Ability to manage challenging customer/guest situations; including the ability to respond promptly to customer requests for assistance.

·      Adaptability to demanding/fast paced environment.

KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:

·      Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.

·      Demonstrated ability to be a part of a team and flexible to operational needs.

·      Excellent attention to detail.

·      Proficient in Microsoft Office products

GRADUATE SUMMER SCHOOL INCLUSIONS/PERKS:

·      Onsite housing at hotel

·      Food and Beverage Discount

·      Free Stays at other Graduate Hotels

·      Mentorship

·      Connections with other interns, community members, and team members

·      Career Planning & Resume Building Assistance

DETAILS

Type of Position: Part-Time / Internship Position
Segment of Industry: Lodging Management
Salary: $13.00 / Hour
Hours: Varies

COMPANY INFORMATION

Graduate Hotels Ann Arbor
615 East Huron Street
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104
734-769-2247
Contact: Fred Schultz

HOW TO APPLY

If interested, please send your resume to Fred Schultz, Culture Champion, at [log in to unmask].

Graduate Ann Arbor website

Application Deadline: June 13, 2021

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

About Graduate Hotels®

Graduate Hotels is a hand-crafted collection of hotels that reside in dynamic university-anchored towns across the country.  Each hotel pays homage to the heritage of its unique town through cultural nods to the local community.  Launched in 2014, there are currently 28 hotels across the U.S. and an additional seven hotels set to open by the end of 2021. Graduate Hotels is owned by Adventurous Journeys (AJ) Capital Partners, a vertically integrated real estate developer, owner and operator. For more information on Graduate Hotels, please visit www.graduatehotels.com

Graduate Hotels Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer

Fred Schultz

Culture Champion

O. 734-769-2247

Graduate Ann Arbor

615 East Huron Street

Ann Arbor, Mi 48104

graduatehotels.com/annarbor

Facebook | Instagram

We are committed to maintaining the health & safety of our communities. Learn

more about our COVID response program Graduate Cares.

Student and Industry Resource Center "SIRC"

Career Services for The School of Hospitality Business

Broad College of Business

Michigan State University

East Lansing, MI 48824

T: (517) 353-9747 | F: (517) 432-1170