I am pleased to offer you an examination copy of my new book, The Platform Paradox: How Digital Businesses Succeed in an Ever-Changing Global Marketplace.

Called "timely and insightful" by Nelson Chai, CFO of Uber, The Platform Paradox how the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated digitization and forced companies like Airbnb to pivot and adapt; how platforms like Tinder and Uber have used local advantages to grow rapidly in different countries; how traditional companies have transformed themselves into digital platforms, like Lego undertaking a digital revolution to emerge from bankruptcy and become the "Apple of toys"; and the possibilities and limits to global expansion, as illustrated by companies like Zoom and Skype. In the book, I offer an integrated framework for identifying and implementing a digital platform strategy on a truly global scale.

You may download your free examination ebook copy until June 4, 2021. To do so, please:

  *   Visit: wsp.wharton.upenn.edu/book/platform-paradox<https://wsp.wharton.upenn.edu/book/platform-paradox?&utm_medium=email&utm_source=deskcopy&utm_campaign=platform-paradox>
  *   Click on "Have a promo code?"
  *   Enter your promo code: PlatformParadoxExaminationCopy21
  *   Click on the cart to see the download show as free

Thank you for considering adopting The Platform Paradox as a supplemental text. I hope you enjoy the book. Please contact my publisher, Wharton School Press<mailto:[log in to unmask]> for more information on ordering the book for a course.

If you would like to share any feedback about the book, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Best regards,

Mauro Guillén
Incoming Dean, Cambridge Judge Business School | Fellow, Queens' College
Zandman Professor of International Management |The Wharton School
Twitter @MauroFGuillen

Order my new books: 2030<https://read.macmillan.com/lp/2030-mauro-guillen/> is a Wall Street Journal bestseller and a Financial Times Best Book of the Year! The Platform Paradox<https://whr.tn/PlatformParadox> is "a clear course of action for the digital age" (William P. Lauder, Executive Chairman, The Estée Lauder Companies).

"Platform business models have the power to restructure entire industries, but they can be complex and difficult to manage. The Platform Paradox is a useful how-to guide that is helping our team at Coursera be more intentional and strategic as we expand our platform internationally."
-Jeff Maggioncalda, CEO, Coursera
"Timely and insightful...the rise of global digital platforms and the implications for our future."
-Nelson Chai, CFO, Uber

"Mauro Guillén's latest release, The Platform Paradox, offers a clear course of action for the digital age. As Guillén so effectively argues, digital platforms must understand network effects to be successful on a global basis-and the entire business community must transform to meet the demands of our increasingly digital economy."
-William P. Lauder, Executive Chairman, The Estée Lauder Companies

Mauro

Mauro F. Guillen

Incoming Dean, Cambridge Judge Business School | Fellow, Queens' College
Order my new books: 2030<https://read.macmillan.com/lp/2030-mauro-guillen/> is a Wall Street Journal bestseller and a Financial Times Best Book of the Year! The Platform Paradox<https://whr.tn/PlatformParadox> is "a clear course of action for the digital age" (William P. Lauder, Executive Chairman, The Estée Lauder Companies).
[cid:[log in to unmask]]

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

Mauro F. Guillen
Zandman Professor of International Management
The Wharton School
2016 Steinberg Hall-Dietrich Hall
3620 Locust Walk
Philadelphia, PA 19104