Call for contributions
8th Responsible Management Education Research Conference
Poverty and Prosperity: Implications for Advancing the SDGs and Responsible Management Education in a Post-Pandemic World
International Business School at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University
19 – 22 October 2021
China's achievement in eradicating extreme poverty is a huge contribution to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the plan of action for a better and more prosperous world. Poverty and prosperity in a post-pandemic world will still be a topic requiring further contributions through leveraging various stakeholders’ engagement and wisdoms.
We are pleased to invite members of the global AIB community to join the 8th RME Research Conference in Suzhou.
We invite contributions from a wide range of disciplinary traditions that explore responsible management issues from both conceptual and practical perspectives, and we encourage contributions, which are multi-disciplinary and cross-disciplinary in nature. We welcome contributions that can be of a conceptual, qualitative or quantitative nature.
Scholars interested in poverty and poverty alleviation efforts have several conference tracks of interest.
A special conference track, sponsored by the PRME Anti-poverty Working Group, focused on poverty alleviation, prosperity, and responsible management education that has two sessions:
- Research: Action and Impact-Oriented Research that Fosters Poverty Alleviation and Facilitates Prosperity in a Post-Pandemic World, and
- Teaching and Learning: Developing Mindsets and Capabilities for Poverty Alleviation through Innovative Pedagogical Methods
- A track on Business for Peace, Poverty Alleviation, Prosperity and Advancement of the SDGs and the 2030 Agenda along the One Belt - One Road (OBOR) initiative in a Post-pandemic World: Implications for Responsible Management Education, jointly proposed by our WG and the PRME Business for Peace (B4P) Working Group.
Other poverty-related tracks include:
- Poverty Eradication and Prosperity through Sustainability-oriented Innovation
- Entrepreneurial Activities Within the Context of Poverty Reduction
- Gender Inequality and Poverty