Associate Professor in Finance & Economics

Faculty of Mgmt, Law and Social Sciences

School of Management

Salary:  £52,560 to £59,135 per annum
Post Type:  Full Time
Contract Type:  Permanent
Closing Date:  Sunday 13 June 2021
Interview Date:  To be confirmed
Reference:  HR0101589-2

With over 50 years of academic excellence and having been recently named the UK’s University of the Year for Social Inclusion 2020 by The Times and Sunday Times, the University of Bradford has continued to grow its international reputation and innovative course provision. With almost 10,000 students, the University is pioneering in developing new course subjects, reflecting and anticipating the needs of employers, students, and of society as a whole.

The School of Management is a leader in business education, research and knowledge transfer with more than 50 years' experience of pushing the boundaries, regionally, nationally and internationally. We are part of an elite group of business schools worldwide possessing triple-crown accreditation from AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS. We perform well in the Financial Times (FT) rankings and continue to build on our research strengths.

We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join us as an Associate Professor in Finance and/or Economics and make significant contributions to the implementation of our research, leadership, and teaching and learning strategy in Accounting, Finance and Economics.

You will need to have a PhD in Finance or Economics and will be joining the Accounting, Finance and Economics (AFE) Research Centre within the School of Management.  There will be an expectation to contribute to the Research Centre’s continuing success through quality research output, delivering an excellent learning and teaching experience to our students, and taking on strategic leadership roles during the tenure of your employment. Along with your undergraduate and/or postgraduate teaching, you will need to maintain an excellent research track record of publishing high quality (3/4*) research papers in refereed journals and the capacity to capture research grants to support the School of Management’s reputation and impact of Making a Difference. You will also be expected to contribute to the digital-distance learning degree programmes at the School of Management.

The University of Bradford School of Management is committed to providing supportive and developmental environment to all staff through mentoring by experienced academic colleagues and maintain effective personal development plans and processes.

For informal enquiries about the above position, please contact Prof. Saeed Akbar, Head of Accounting, Finance and Economics at [log in to unmask] or Prof. Uthayasankar Sivarajah, Head of the University of Bradford School of Management at [log in to unmask].

Professor Bruce Hearn
Professor (Chair) of Accounting & Finance
University of Bradford School of Management,
Bradford. BD7 1DP. United Kingdom.

Email: [log in to unmask]" title="[log in to unmask]" style="margin:0px; background-color:rgb(255,255,255)">[log in to unmask]

Deputy Director (Bradford): White Rose Sustainable Growth, Management and Economic Productivity Pathway  https://wrdtp.ac.uk/

Visiting Professor of Accounting & Finance, University of Southampton, United Kingdom

I don't expect you to respond to my email outside your working hours. At the University of Bradford we value and encourage flexible working patterns, so please be assured that I respect your working pattern and I am looking forward to your response when you are next working.