Dear all,

The department of Global Economics and Management at the University of Groningen, the Netherlands, has openings (2 FTE) for non-tenure track lecturer positions (80% teaching, 20% research).

Job description

We are looking for candidates with a keen interest in the fields of International business and International management, who can teach in the bachelor and master programmes that the department is active in.

Your teaching responsibilities will be primarily, but not exclusively, within the BSc in International Business and the MSc in International Business & Management, and will include running tutorial groups within courses, developing courses, as well as Bachelor and Master thesis supervision. Based on your competences and interests you will make agreements on a yearly basis with your supervisor and the chairman of the department about the specific education tasks. You have an active interest in research in these fields and proven ability or potential to conduct original research in one of the areas of interest to the department and to publish in international peer-reviewed journals.

Qualifications

To qualify you should have:

• a PhD in International Business or International Management (or be close to finishing)
• proven interest and ability (or clear potential) in developing courses and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level and in mentoring students
• good interpersonal skills and ability to work individually and with a team
• organizational qualities and excellent communication skills; and
• a demonstrated ability to publish in international journals.

Non-tenure track Lecturer positions at the Faculty of Economics and Business are temporary positions with a contract lasting up to five years, conditional upon a positive evaluation after the first year. Teaching and research time allocations are fixed for the first three years at 80% and 20%, respectively.

Organisation

The Department of Global Economics & Management is an active international group of approximately 80 researchers and teachers. Our research and teaching cover a broad range of topics in International Business, International Economics, and International Management. We are internationally oriented: about 40 per cent of the department members and 80 per cent of our PhD students are non-Dutch. We teach in two of the faculty’s four bachelor programmes, namely the BSc in International Business (link: https://www.rug.nl/(...)-business/#programme) and the BSc in Economics and Business Economics (link: https://www.rug.nl/(...)economics/#programme). In addition, we are also responsible for two one-year MSc programmes: the MSc in International Business & Management and the MSc in Economic Development and Globalization. (links are listed below)

Our BSc and MSc programmes are taught in English. We participate in the selective honours programme for BSc students, as well as the challenging two-year research master programme, aimed at students intending to pursue a PhD. Our researchers publish regularly in a wide range of top journals, such as the Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Management, Journal of World Business, Journal of International Management, Organization Science, and Strategic Management Journal.

Conditions of employment

We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:

• a salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting from a minimum of € 2,790 gross per month (salary scale 10) to a maximum of € 5,127 gross per month (salary scale 11) for a full-time position as a lecturer or assistant professor
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
• and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
• participation in a pension scheme for employees.

Favorable tax treatment may apply to non-Dutch applicants.

Depending on qualifications and availability your appointment is for a period of two to five years, on the condition of a positive interim evaluation.

If possible, you should be willing to start by September 2021.

Application

You can submit your application until 1 June 11:59pm / before 2 June 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).

Please provide the following documents:

1. a motivation letter
2. a complete curriculum vitae, highlighting relevant teaching experience
3. two letters of recommendation
4. recent teaching evaluations (if available)
5. one self-selected “best paper”

We aim to conduct interviews in June 2021.

We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We have adopted an active policy to increase the number of female scientists across all disciplines of the university. Therefore, women are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/ and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code

Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.

Information

For information you can contact:

·        Prof. Rian Drogendijk, search committee chair, [log in to unmask]

·        Prof. Steven Brakman, Chair of the department, [log in to unmask]

·        Prof. Sjoerd Beugelsdijk, Research Director, [log in to unmask]

Please do not use the e-mail address(es) above for applications.

Additional information

·        Department of Global Economics & Management

·        MSc in International Business & Management

·        MSc in Economic Development and Globalization

Rian Drogendijk
Director of Graduate Studies, Faculty of Economics and Business
Professor of Internationalization Strategy, Department of Global Economics and Management
University of Groningen