Please consider forwarding the mentorship opportunity below to beginning farmers  - any growers with less than 10 years of experience. Thank you!

Michigan Sustainable Farm Mentors
Get paid $15/hour for the time you spend charting a path to your farm's success with insights from one of seven amazing Michigan farmer mentors! You will be paired with a farmer whose farm experience matches your farm goals as closely as possible. The mentors include urban and rural growers and small and large-scale farmers raising pastured livestock, and sustainably-grown vegetables, cut flowers and fruit. Beginning farmers will focus on understanding and improving financial viability, environmental sustainability, work-life balance and community connections. Aspiring farmers will focus on how to find land, credit and skills to get started. You will also be paid to connect with a peer mentor and to advise program leaders on how to improve the program in the future. Sign upvisit the website or email [log in to unmask] or more info.

Thank you for your important work!

Katie Brandt
Educational Programs Manager
MSU Student Organic Farm

Check out our website to find out about being an undergraduate crew member, joining our CSA, or being a part of the Organic Farmer Training Program!

Student Organic Farm
Michigan State University

Submit a question via eXtension Ask an Expert