Weekly Happenings

Week of April 5 - April 9, 2021

Elections and Applications for HA and our 8 Clubs
Are you ready to take your resume and leadership skills to the next level? Apply for a position with your favorite Hospitality Association Club today!

Applications and election details can be viewed in a separate email (subject line: HA Elections - This Week!).

When:  Thursday, April 8, and Friday, April 9, 2021 starting at 5:00pm EST.
Passcode: Elections

Event Updates

Destination Auction
Relay for Life Fundraiser

Destination Auction has created a team for MSU’s Relay for Life Event. Relay for Life is a fundraising event to help the fight against cancer. Click the button below to help Auction reach their fundraising goal.

Donate Here
Executive Board Application
Deadline: Monday, April 5 at 11:59 PM

Destination Auction is looking for next year’s leaders! Auction is the premiere fundraising event for The School. This event takes place in the Spring of every year and is organized and executed by HB students. Becoming a part of Auction is a great leadership and experiential opportunity as well as a wonderful way to get to know your peers, the industry, and learn very useful skills about event planning and execution! Auction is looking for a CEO, CFO and COO for 2021-2022. Anyone who is interested is encouraged and welcome to apply - you DO NOT need to have prior experience with the organization!
Please submit any questions and completed applications to Auction CEO Kailey Konkle at [log in to unmask]

Club Updates

Eta Sigma Delta
Writing Letters to Troops and Front Line Workers
Due: Tuesday, April 6, 2021

ESD is extending the philanthropy due date to April 6, 2021. ETA Sigma Delta will be sending letters to Troops and Front-Line workers. All Eta Sigma Delta Members will receive five points for every letter written. Writing these letters will be a great way to accumulate points if you want to be on the E-Board next year.

The address to send the letters is 500 South Harrison Rd, Apt 3205, East Lansing, MI 48823.
Society for Hospitality and Foodservice Management and Spartan Beverage Society
General Meeting - Summer Food Trends and Outdoor Dining
When: Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 6:30pm EST
Where: https://msu.zoom.us/j/93285860208
Password: SHFMSBS

The upcoming general meeting for SHFM and SBS will explore the food trends for this summer and the impact of COVID-19 on outdoor dining.
Real Estate Investment Club
General Meeting
When: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, at 7:00 pm
Where: https://msu.zoom.us/j/99361267450

REIC will continue Excel modeling and underwriting with a focus on the IRR Matrix to find the most profitable time to sell or refinance a project!
Meetings and Events Club
General Meeting and Guest Speaker
When: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, at 7:00 pm
Where: https://msu.zoom.us/j/99906173425
Password: MSUMEC

Ally Szydlowski, a member of the events team at the Detroit Zoo, will be speaking at the meeting. She will be talking about her path to an events career, as well as what it is like to host special events in a unique venue.

Instagram Tip Takeover - Every Thursday!
We are continuing our new segment on our Instagram - Thursday Tip Takeover! Each week one of our E-Board members will take over the instagram stories for the day and post a Q&A to allow you to ask us questions and easily communicate with us in this crazy virtual world. Questions can be about anything events-related, internships/jobs, resume help, our experience at MSU, etc. Be sure to follow our Instagram @msumeetingandevents and keep an eye out for the posts every Thursday!

created in Publicate