all for Papers and Proposals 7th Annual ICGS conference: DEADLINE EXTENDED to 1 June 2021

 The deadline for submitting papers and proposals to the 7th annual conference of the International Corporate Governance Society, 8-10 October 2021 in Groningen, has been extended to June 1, 2021 (12:00 hrs. midnight, EST). Please go to the website of the conference at https://www.rug.nl/feb/icgs2021/ and click on the "Submissions" tab on the left to submit your paper or proposal. Alternatively, you may use the ‘Conferences’ tab of the ICGS website (www.icgsociety.org).

Decisions on submissions regarding their inclusion in the conference program will be communicated to the authors by June 30, 2021. The best papers and proposals will be considered for the best conference paper award. The author(s) who win(s) this award will be recognized at the conference.

The keynote speaker of the conference is Alex Edmans, Professor of Finance at the London Business School (LBS), Academic Director of the Center for Corporate Governance at LBS, Managing Editor of the Review of Finance and author of the book "Grow the Pie" (2020; https://www.growthepie.net/).

The conference also hosts a practitioners’ panel on the theme “Boards in Times of Disruption”. This panel is sponsored by the International Finance Corporation (IFC). Confirmed speakers are Erik Vermeulen (Tilburg University) and Jacobina Brinkman (PwC).

Furthermore, there will be an academic panel, discussing how institutional investors should act when confronted with companies in times of disruption. Confirmed speakers are, among others, Margarethe F. Wiersema (University of California, Irvine).

The conference also includes a Meet the Editors session, where conference participants can meet with, and ask questions to, the editors of various business, management and finance journals.

Finally, there will be a combined pre-conference doctoral consortium and paper development workshop, hosted by CGIR. CGIR Senior Editors will participate as mentors and discussants in this event.

We plan to have the conference in person in Groningen, but we will organize virtual sessions for participants who cannot attend the conference in person because of the COVID-19 situation. We will post regular updates about our COVID-19 planning on the conference homepage (https://www.rug.nl/feb/icgs2021/).

Looking forward to meeting you in October in Groningen,

The organizing committee
Niels Hermes
Jana Oehmichen
Swarnodeep Homroy

Sara Russell Riggs
Executive Director
International Corporate Governance Society