Hospitality Association Elections

Apply for a Leadership Role Today!

Are you ready to take your resume and leadership skills to the next level? Apply for a position with your favorite Hospitality Association Club today! With 8 clubs exploring different aspects of the hospitality industry, each looking for positions from CEO to Director of Philanthropy, there is sure to be a perfect leadership position for you. For more details on the roles and responsibilities of each club's positions, please view the attached applications. Elections will be held via Zoom on April 8 and 9, 2021.
Elections Schedule

April 8, 2021
Zoom Link: https://msu.zoom.us/j/93392294154 <https://r.pblc.it/c/282638444?alt_obj=hre&method=email&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmsu.zoom.us%2Fj%2F93392294154>
Passcode: Elections

  *   5:00pm EST - The Hospitality Association
  *   5:45pm EST - American Hotel and Lodging Association
  *   6:30pm EST - Club Managers Association of America
  *   7:15pm EST - Eta Sigma Delta
  *   8:00pm EST - Meetings and Events Club

April 9, 2021
Zoom Link: https://msu.zoom.us/j/93392294154 <https://r.pblc.it/c/282638444?alt_obj=hre&method=email&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmsu.zoom.us%2Fj%2F93392294154>
Passcode: Elections

  *   5:00pm EST - National Society of Minorities in Hospitality
  *   5:45pm EST - Real Estate Investment Club
  *   6:30pm EST - Society for Hospitality and Foodservice Management
  *   7:15pm EST - Spartan Beverage Society

Can't make it to the Zoom sessions? No worries! Simply fill out the applications for the clubs of your choosing and indicate that you would like to record a video of yourself and have it played at the elections.
[https://www.google.com/s2/favicons?domain_url=]
________________________________
[https://pblc.it/i/640x426x9.f.S3/91646/ha-logo-better-quality-1877526-1.jpg]<https://r.pblc.it/c/282638422?alt_obj=img&method=&url=https%3A%2F%2Fhamsu.weebly.com%2F>
The Hospitality Association

The mission of the Hospitality Association is to create and refine hospitality business leaders by providing forums for academic growth, industry experience, leadership roles, and career-enhancing opportunities and by encouraging social interaction and the development of student unity within The School of Hospitality Business.

Today it is comprised of eight clubs and three events, each giving students the chance to learn more about the industry, examine their career choices, develop their leadership skills, and make good friends and important contacts.

Please email your completed application to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by Tuesday, April 6, 2021.
[https://pblc.it/i/640x426x9.f.S3/e7c2b/ahla-logo-1877525-1.png]<https://r.pblc.it/c/282638424?alt_obj=img&method=&url=https%3A%2F%2Fahlaspartans.weebly.com%2F>
American Hotel and Lodging Association

The MSU Student Chapter of AHLA provides Hospitality Business students with opportunities to learn and experience first hand all aspects of the Lodging aspect of the industry. We have industry professionals come in and guest speak about different topics and allow our members to network, AHLA also holds various site visits throughout the semester in and out of the area. Striving to educate and prepare our members properly for the best of opportunities in the Hospitality industry.

 Please submit your completed AHLA Executive Board Application to Caitlyn at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by Friday April 2, 2021 at 11:59pm.
[https://pblc.it/i/640x426x9.f.S3/80d53/cmaa-msu-logo-1826329-3.png]<https://r.pblc.it/c/282638426?alt_obj=img&method=&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcmaa-msu.weebly.com%2F>
Club Managers Association of America

The MSU Student Chapter of CMAA provides opportunities for hospitality students to learn about private club management through networking with industry leaders, touring various private clubs and participating in annual conferences. The chapter is winner of Student Chapter of the Year several times, also helps host the CMAA’s Business Management Institute III taught by The School’s faculty three times a year.

​Please email your completed application to Tyler at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by Tuesday, April 6, 2021.
[https://www.google.com/s2/favicons?domain_url=]
[https://pblc.it/i/640x426x9.f.S3/a0d90/esd-logo-1827988-3.png]<https://r.pblc.it/c/282638428?alt_obj=img&method=&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmsu-esd.weebly.com%2F>
Eta Sigma Delta

Eta Sigma Delta is the national honor society for Hospitality Business majors. Only top academic scholars in The School are eligible for membership. Eta Sigma Delta encompasses over 60 chapters around the country with the intent to lead hospitality and tourism educators and professionals to the highest levels of professionalism and achievement. The Michigan State University chapter is very actively involved in charity events.

​Please email your completed application to Zoe at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by Tuesday, April 6, 2021.
[https://pblc.it/i/640x426x9.f.S3/1aa3b/mec-logo-1832949-8.jpg]<https://r.pblc.it/c/282638430?alt_obj=img&method=&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmsumeetingandevents.wixsite.com%2Fmsumec>
Meetings and Events Club

Are you interested in running for MEC’s E-Board next year? We have officially released our E-Board applications for the 2021-2022 school year! If you would like to apply, please fill out the application attached to this email and email it back to us by March 29th at 11:59 PM. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions about elections or holding a position on the E-Board! We are very excited about the future of the club and can’t wait to form our board for the upcoming academic year.

​Please email your completed application to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by Tuesday, April 6, 2021.
[https://pblc.it/i/640x426x9.f.S3/fea34/nsmh-1826330-2.png]<https://r.pblc.it/c/282638441?alt_obj=img&method=&url=https%3A%2F%2Fnsmhmsu.weebly.com%2F>
National Society of Minorities in Hospitality

NSMH is the premier professional organization for minority hospitality students. We address diversity and multiculturalism, as well as the career development of our student members. We feel that these lessons are important to the future leaders of this industry. We provide events and programs that bring together students with company sponsors, industry representatives, hospitality organizations, advisors, mentors, and hospitality high school students. NSMH aims to be a total resource center for the industry to find dynamic talent as well as for students to find qualified answers to relevant questions and have a window to the industry that awaits them!

Please email your completed application to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by Tuesday, April 6, 2021.
[https://pblc.it/i/640x426x9.f.S3/576e5/reicorig-1834106-9.jpg]<https://r.pblc.it/c/282638432?alt_obj=img&method=&url=https%3A%2F%2Freicmsu.weebly.com%2F>

Real Estate Investment Club

REIC is a student run organization which promotes and supports the Real Estate Specialization within The School of Hospitality Business at Michigan State University. REIC aims to bring together students who share a common interest in real estate. The organization offers networking opportunities with industry leaders, site tours, and educational workshops. This group provides a network for existing members, prospective members, and those interested in following our progress.

​Please email your completed application to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by Thursday, April 6, 2021.

[https://pblc.it/i/640x426x9.f.S3/7b637/shfm-logo-1842363-3.png]<https://r.pblc.it/c/282638434?alt_obj=img&method=&url=https%3A%2F%2Fshfsmsu.weebly.com%2F>

The Society for Hospitality Food Management

SHFM promotes non-commercial foodservice knowledge and contacts through discussion, publications, speakers and meetings. SHFM also organizes tours of foodservice facilities throughout Michigan and surrounding states courtesy of various industry partners and MSU Alumni. With the combined efforts of many students, the organization opens many doors to internship opportunities within the foodservice industry.

Please email your completed SHFM Application to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by Tuesday, April 6, 2021.

[https://pblc.it/i/640x426x9.f.S3/31060/sbs-logo-1842409-2.jpg]<https://r.pblc.it/c/282638436?alt_obj=img&method=&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsbsmsu.weebly.com%2F>
Spartan Beverage Society

SBS strives to create an educational setting for students to develop wine appreciation and knowledge. Whether members seek a career in the beverage industry or are personally interested in wine, SBS equips every member with the tools to pursue their aspirations in a supportive setting.

Please email your completed SBS Application to Nadia [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by Tuesday, April 6, 2021.

Questions? Contact the Hospitality Association at [log in to unmask]
[https://pblc.it/i/640x426x9.f.S3/91646/ha-logo-better-quality-1877526-1.jpg]<https://r.pblc.it/c/282638439?alt_obj=img&method=&url=https%3A%2F%2Fhamsu.weebly.com%2F>
2020 – 2021 Hospitality Association Executive Board
Brendan, Rachel, Vinh, Jordan, Shawn, Stephanie, and Zach
Hospitality Association
The School of Hospitality Business
Michigan State University

WHO WILL MAKE BUSINESS HAPPEN?