Dear AIB member,

We are pleased to announce that Aston University is recruiting for a Lecturer in International Business:

https://jobs.aston.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=R210062.

Aston Business School, located in the heart of Birmingham - England’s second largest city - seeks to appoint a highly motivated, ambitious academic with the ability and interest in providing excellence in research, teaching and impact in the field of International Business. We are currently ranked 101st-125th in the Times Higher World University Rankings for Business and Economics.

The holder of this post will influence the future direction of the Economics, Finance and Entrepreneurship Department in areas of research, the development of taught programmes at UG and PG level, PhD & DBA supervision and external engagement (https://www2.aston.ac.uk/aston-business-school/research/departments/efeg/index).

We are very much open to scholars who have a background in any area of International Business but our department generally has an applied focus, using quantitative techniques. We would encourage any interested candidates to look at our department’s staff profiles (https://research.aston.ac.uk/en/organisations/economics-finance-and-entrepreneurship) to see if there are synergies with their current and future research.

A certain degree of preference will be made to candidates who will actively contribute to our research centres: (1) Lloyds Banking Group Centre for Business Prosperity (LBGCBP)<https://www.lbpresearch.ac.uk/> in the areas of international trade and the UK productivity challenges; (2) Enterprise Research Centre (https://www.enterpriseresearch.ac.uk/); and the Centre for Research in Ethnic Minority Entrepreneurship (https://www2.aston.ac.uk/aston-business-school/research/research-centres/CREME). However, we are also very much interested in candidates who have research interests that lie outside of our areas of expertise that could have significant future potential, especially with respect to attracting future funding and impact.

Aston Business School is one of Europe’s leading research-intensive business schools, with the majority of its research rated world-leading or internationally excellent in the REF 2014. Aston Business School<http://www.aston.ac.uk/aston-business-school/> is accredited by AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS. Aston University was an early signatory to the UN backed Principles of Responsible Management Education (PRME) and is at the forefront of responsible management education.

For informal discussions relating to this post please contact the Head of Department: Professor Chris Jones; Tel: +44(0) 121 204 3036; email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Further particulars and application forms are available in alternative formats on request i.e. large print, Braille, tape or CD Rom.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact HR via [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Aston University is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.

Yours sincerely,

Professor Chris Jones (Aston University, Birmingham, UK)

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.