The Academic Association for Organizational Science (AAOS) in Tokyo, Japan
will hold an online research seminar from *12-13:30 in JST (3-4:30am in
GMT) on March 11th*. The guest speaker is Prof. *Riki Takeuchi at the
University of Texas, Dallas*.

For the registration, please send an email to [log in to unmask] with
your name, affiliation, and e-mail address. We will reply to you with the
zoom link to the online seminar. We are looking forward to your
participation!

*Speaker: Riki Takeuchi* ( Professor, Dr. Joseph Picken Distinguished Chair
in Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Naveen Jindal School of Management at
University of Texas at Dallas)

*Date & Time: 12-13:30 (JST), March 11*

*Title: Reflecting on death amidst COVID-19: Different trajectories and its
impact on creativity thru four-wave longitudinal investigation*

Abstract: The current COVID-19 pandemic has claimed thousands of lives all
across the globe, making death more salient to many of us who may not have
been readily cognizant of such fate. Even though employees in certain
occupations routinely deal with the idea of death or mortality, it is not
always the case that regular employees in other occupations are made aware
of their own mortality. In the current study, using four-wave longitudinal
data collected weekly during the initial peak of COVID-19 infections in the
United States—during late-June to late-July—we examine how employees
interpret and react to death reflection over time and whether or not death
reflection is related to creativity. Conducting latent class growth
analysis on four-wave longitudinal data obtained from 592 full-time
employees, we find four different patterns of mortality salience (death
reflection), which are predicted by age, gender, and exercise in an
anticipated yet complex manner. In addition, the four trajectories relate
differentially to employee creativity. We offer timely, valuable
implications for theory and practice

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.