East(*side!*) Lansing Food Co-op (ELFCO) will be re-opening in the Allen
Neighborhood Center on Lansing’s Eastside! This is an exciting step for the
cooperative, a partnership resulting from several years of working to keep
local and hyperlocal foods available in a grocery setting. ELFCO will focus
on providing local farmers and food producers a space to market products
throughout the week on a consignment basis… we provide the space and
coolers, farmers set their prices and provide the produce! It’s a simple
but effective model that increases access for eaters and sales for
producers.

WE NEED YOU! ELFCO is in need of more “hands on deck” to get the doors open
this summer, 2021. In particular:

·       *Board members:* We need people with some time and energy to help
manage various aspects of opening. If you have experience and passion in an
area of expertise (website building, grocery management, building,
licensing, etc.), even better! Please let us know a little more about you
via our Board information gathering/application form (send to

·       *Volunteers: *We are looking for:

o   A couple of volunteers who are tech-savvy and could co-chair our
*Patronicity
crowdfunding project*

o   Volunteer *grant writers* to help with funding applications

o   A volunteer who can help with *communications* with and outside of our
membership

o   Eventually, getting our hands dirty with move in and set up!

Please let us know about your interest and availability by sending a quick
email to Chris Bardenhagen at [log in to unmask] .

Also, please join us for our “Community Update” and input time at the
beginning of any of our bi-weekly board meetings, which happen every other
Wednesday at 7:00 pm (next is February 10th):
https://msu.zoom.us/j/95108924997

Everyone is welcome, and we hope to see you there!

In co-operation,

The ELFCO Board
--
Christopher J. Bardenhagen, Esq.

Doctoral Candidate
Department of Community Sustainability
Natural Resource Building,
Michigan State University
480 Wilson Road, Room 131
East Lansing, MI 48824

231-866-1959

If you would like to access previous postings to the Mich-Organic listserv you can copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar
 http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html