Opportunity to participate in a quant res training program for STEM ed researchers!

Thanks to Dr. Darryl Reano for alerting us to this awesome opportunity!

From: NSF QRM Scholars Program <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 10:12 AM
Subject: Call for Applications - NSF QRM Scholars Program - Due 4/15

My name is , and I am a PhD student from the University of Maryland, College Park. I work as a graduate assistant with Dr. Laura Stapleton and Dr. Greg Hancock on their exciting new project, the NSF Quantitative Research Methods for STEM Education Scholars Program. I am reaching out to you request that you help us spread the word about this program to pre-tenure faculty, post-docs, and any upcoming graduates or recent alumni who are working in STEM Education research at US academic institutions in the coming year.

The NSF QRM Scholars Program is an NSF-funded initiative aimed at building capacity in research design, measurement, and analysis for early-career researchers who focus on issues of equity and access in STEM education, especially by providing ongoing quantitative mentorship and support to our Scholars throughout the 2021-2022 academic year.

Scholars will meet with us virtually this summer from August 16-20 for an immersive crash course in all things quantitative; from then on, Scholars will be able to participate fully from the comfort of their home institutions as they receive regular guidance, instruction, and one-on-one feedback from their quantitative mentor. Throughout the year, Scholars will work toward the completion of a project of their choice with help from their mentorship team, develop a peer network of fellow STEM Education researchers, and get the opportunity to meet and interact with the NSF Program Officer.

We are incredibly thrilled to be able to offer this program, and we hope you will share this with anyone who might be interested!

Applications are due April 15.

Application portal: https://umd.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1832096

Program website: https://go.umd.edu/NSF-QRM-Scholars-Program-Website

Contact us via email: [log in to unmask]

Thank you for your consideration and best regards,

NSF QRM Scholars Program

Julie Libarkin (she / her)
Professor & Director - Geocognition Research Lab
Michigan State University
288 Farm Lane, 206 Natural Science
East Lansing, MI 48824

Phone: 517-355-8369
Email: [log in to unmask]

Website: https://geocognitionresearchlaboratory.wordpress.com/

Michigan State University occupies the ancestral, traditional, and contemporary Lands of the Anishinaabeg–Three Fires Confederacy of Ojibwe, Odawa, and Potawatomi peoples. The University resides on Land ceded in the 1819 Treaty of Saginaw.

- http://aisp.msu.edu/about/land/