please find below the Call for Expressions of Interest for Assistant Professor positions in the fields of International Business and Industrial Economics at Politecnico di Milano
Stefano Elia, Lucia Piscitello, Luca Grilli, Paola Garrone
[log in to unmask]">
The School of Management of the Politecnico di Milano (www.som.polimi.it) invites candidates to submit an expression of interest for two Assistant Professor Positions (3-year contract renewable for a further 2, maximum 5 years in total) in the field of International Business and Industrial Economics.
The young scholars will work together with the other components of the Economic Mindset group of the School (www.mindset.polimi.it), with specific reference to Professors Stefano Elia, Paola Garrone, Luca Grilli and Lucia Piscitello, and the PhD students and post-docs who collaborate with them.
About the Positions
We are looking for two scholars who are in the early phases of their academic career. We would privilege profiles who have a background in industrial economics or international business, are interested in frontier research questions at the business and industry levels, and have strong quantitative skills.
The successful candidates will contribute to the research activities of the School in the field of Business and Industrial Economics, especially on industrial economics (1 position) and / or international business research topics (1 position). They will have the opportunity to engage in one or more of the following research lines and projects, along with the Faculty, post-docs, PhD students of the Economic Mindset group:
- Innovation and Sustainability
- Utilities Economics and Policy
- International Business and Multinationals
- Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Innovative Entrepreneurship
- Industrial Policy.
We expect the selected candidates to attend and present their research results at international conferences and to publish their findings in the most prestigious international journals. They will also participate in activities and/or projects within the School of Management that are relevant to their field. The selected candidates will also have teaching duties in industrial economics, international business or related subjects. They may also be required to contribute to administrative and coordination tasks on a regular basis.
The candidate should:
- Hold a PhD in Economics, Management, Business Administration, Management Engineering or closely related disciplines
- Be fluent in English
- Have a promising record of research endeavours in industrial economics, international business or related subjects and/or some scientific achievements as evidenced by high-impact publications in international journals (Web of Science/Scopus) relevant for the field of International Business and Industrial Economics
- Have some experience with teaching activities across undergraduate and/or postgraduate / executive levels
- Show a clear attitude and ability to participate in and promote international research networks and international research partnerships
- Show the ability and willingness to work in a culturally and academically diverse School, to participate in inter-disciplinary research, and to establish a dialogue with the broad range of disciplines included in the Management Engineering field.
- To (co-)develop high quality, globally significant and practically relevant research
- To (co-)publish high quality research in leading international academic journals
- To be involved in a (reasonable) teaching load in the range of the School’s programmes
About the School
- The School of Management of Politecnico di Milano groups together the Department of Management, Economics and Industrial Engineering and the MIP Graduate School of Business.
- Our mission is to contribute to the collective good through a critical understanding of the opportunities offered by innovation. We accomplish it through delivering an end-to-end portfolio of research and education programmes and high-level consultancy services within the field of management, economics and industrial engineering.
- The Department of Management, Economics and Industrial Engineering (DIG) carries out research and teaching in these three main areas.
- Our research is strongly committed to cutting-edge topics within the international scientific debate and well aware of the demands of industry and services. At the same time, we aim at supporting a fair and more inclusive society and improving the well-being of people through better and safer products, services, workplace and environment.
- Our distinctive approach involves multidiscipline, a wide-ranging set of methodologies and by drawing on our extensive networks.
- At undergraduate level, we run BSc and MSc Degree Programme, as well as a PhD Programme, in Management Engineering.
- The MIP Graduate School of Business was founded in the 1979 as a Consortium between the Politecnico di Milano and several Italian institutions and leading public and private industrial groups. Today it is a not-for-profit consortium limited company which runs post-graduate programmes (MBA and Executive MBA, Specialising Masters, Executive programmes) as well as Customised Corporate programmes and education in the Management and Education sector.
- Politecnico di Milano is among the top 20 universities in the world, in the category "Engineering & Technology" according to the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2020.
- The School of Management is accredited by EQUIS since 2007 and by AMBA (Association of MBAs) since 2013. In 2009 it was included in the Financial Times ranking of best European Business Schools, and since 2015 the School has been member of AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. In 2017 it was the first Italian business school to receive the EOCCS certification (EFMD Online Course Certification System) for its digital learning courses in the Executive MBA Masters.
The School is member of PRME (Principles for Responsible Management Education), Cladea (Consejo Latinoamericano de Escuela de Administración)
and QTEM (Quantitative Techniques for Economics & Management Masters Network).
Other relevant information
Salaries at Politecnico di Milano are set in accordance with the salary system for Italian public Universities. If you wish to make an informal enquiry, please contact Ms Elena Cortiana ([log in to unmask])
How to express your interest
If you are interested in the position, please send your expression of interest by email, together with a full CV, motivational letter and list of publications, to Ms Elena Cortiana ([log in to unmask], +39 0223993620) no later than March 31st 2021.
All documents submitted must be in English. Further documents will be requested only in the second and formal phase of the procedure. Please indicate the following in the subject line of your email:
“Expression of interest for assistant professor positions” and save your files according to this format: lastname.firstname.CV; lastname.firstname.doc1: lastname.firstname.doc2 etc..
Short-listed candidates may be invited for an interview.
Disclaimer: this is not yet a job vacancy advertisement. Based on the expressions of interest for this position, the Politecnico School of Management will determine whether or not to open a public competition (pursuant art. 18 of the Italian Law 240/2010).