From: Roloff, Gary <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, January 7, 2021 at 9:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: TWO wildlife tenure track positions at South Dakota State University
From: Dudash, Michele <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Sent: Thursday, January 7, 2021 9:18 AM
To: Hellgren,Eric C <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

[External Email]

South Dakota State University’s Department of Natural Resource Management (NRM) is offering an exciting career opportunity for TWO Assistant Professor positions with expertise in Wildlife Ecology and Management. These are 9-month, full-time, benefits-eligible, tenure-track positions with research, teaching, and service responsibilities. The preferred start date is on or before August 2021. Each appointment is 50% research and 50% teaching with acknowledgment of a service component. The candidates will be expected to be active in undergraduate and graduate training programs, and obtain competitive research funding to address research questions in their area of expertise. Candidates for both positions should have a strong quantitative research background in wildlife biology or ecology and we seek one faculty member focused on large mammals and/or big game and another interested in general mammalian biology/ecology research.

To apply and view the posting use this link https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu/postings/21226<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__yourfuture.sdbor.edu_postings_21226&d=DwMF-g&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=wuRGtK-kq7PuOBJn9zWuqA&m=dX6_YPVAWM5I3lRdB3G7-UUaND_IYet32O_koLmaTCI&s=xUZ0lcS1W_o_4ZyEQcVadPKv0zf5XECfs0L-lPmxVMk&e=>
Assistant Professor, Wildlife Ecologist (2 positions)<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__yourfuture.sdbor.edu_postings_21226&d=DwMF-g&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=wuRGtK-kq7PuOBJn9zWuqA&m=dX6_YPVAWM5I3lRdB3G7-UUaND_IYet32O_koLmaTCI&s=xUZ0lcS1W_o_4ZyEQcVadPKv0zf5XECfs0L-lPmxVMk&e=>
South Dakota State University’s Department of Natural Resource Management (NRM) is offering an exciting career opportunity for TWO Assistant Professor positions with expertise in Wildlife Ecology and Management. These are 9-month, full-time, benefits-eligible, tenure-track positions with research, teaching, and service responsibilities. The preferred start date is on or before August 2021. Each appointment is 50% research and 50% teaching with acknowledgement of a service component. The candidates will be expected to be active in undergraduate and graduate training programs, and obtain competitive research funding to address research questions in their area of expertise. Candidates for both positions should have a strong quantitative research background in wildlife biology or ecology and we seek one faculty member focused on large mammals and/or big game and another interested in general mammalian biology/ecology research. SDSU is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to and/or coordinate
yourfuture.sdbor.edu

Best,

Michele

Dr. Michele R. Dudash   (she/her/hers)

Professor and Head

Department of Natural Resource Management

SNP 138C, Box 2140B

South Dakota State University

Brookings, South Dakota 57007-1696

Phone: 605-688-6174

Fax: 605-688-4515

Emeritus Professor, Department of Biology, University of Maryland, College Park, MD

Dudash Lab web page: https://micheledudash.wixsite.com/mysite<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__micheledudash.wixsite.com_mysite&d=DwMF-g&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=wuRGtK-kq7PuOBJn9zWuqA&m=dX6_YPVAWM5I3lRdB3G7-UUaND_IYet32O_koLmaTCI&s=OG-B73ymy3gRbWj3UXh_vQNbn8kZFI09vaEpCWSVJHs&e=>

NRM web page: http://www.sdstate.edu/nrm<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.sdstate.edu_nrm&d=DwMF-g&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=wuRGtK-kq7PuOBJn9zWuqA&m=dX6_YPVAWM5I3lRdB3G7-UUaND_IYet32O_koLmaTCI&s=OZmqqDW0k6BYLC-jxaNy1uyKP29iuQDx4KCzhen4K6E&e=>

“There are no such things as applied sciences,

only applications of science.”

                                     Louis Pasteur  Address, 11 Sept 1872